IGNORED

Your thoughts on a Mustang Vintage Wide

Guest Nevada Max

Guest Nevada Max

I am frustrated with the seating on my 05 RSTD that I am considering an after market with a drivers back rest. I'm 6' 2" with and inseam of 33. I've read that these mustangs push you forward and up a bit. My handlebars almost touch my knees on a turn but I'm supposing I can uplift the handlebars an inch or so.

Any experince with Mustang vintage wide with a driver backrest

Thanks in advance

Nevada Max

No experience with a Mustang seat. But if it's leg room and knees not hitting the handlebars that you're looking for, you might consider a Corbin. I'm 6'1" 34" inseam myself. My Corbin Dual Tour seat sets me a bit higher and a bit farther back, which gave me more leg room than I thought this bike had in it.

I am frustrated with the seating on my 05 RSTD that I am considering an after market with a drivers back rest. I'm 6' 2" with and inseam of 33. I've read that these mustangs push you forward and up a bit. My handlebars almost touch my knees on a turn but I'm supposing I can uplift the handlebars an inch or so.

Any experince with Mustang vintage wide with a driver backrest

Thanks in advance

Nevada Max

I have a brand new set that I bought for my 07 RSTD (before it got laid down) - they were only about 2 weeks old! Seats never got a scratch.

I had Mustangs on my Boulevard C-50 and loved them. I bought these mainly for the wife because the pillion is one of the best in my opinion (and hers). I can honestly say that I don't believe that the Mustang sat me any higher up, but it did move me a little forward. I could adjust to that by sitting as far back in the seat as I could and when using the highway bars - just rocking back on my backrest.

Keep in mind that I also installed the Flanders bars for a little more pullback.

I am selling the seats because I traded the 07 in on a Stratoliner - if you decide to go that way. I won't be putting them on Ebay for a week or so...

Shep

Oh BTW - it is the 3 piece outfit driver, passenger and driver backrest. I paid about $650 for them new off Ebay - I would take 500.00.

Guest Nevada Max

I hope I did the right thing. I just bought the mustang seat, the driver back rest and passenger seat used but in great shape for $275. The guy threw in a luggage rack, manuals, and cover as well.

I will keep the OEM seat in case

Thanks for all the advice. I'll let u know the ride