IGNORED

1st or 2nd gen?????

ken

Yes, Russ, you're correct.

I'm Nick Diaz, at your service. Bob S. and I have known each other for 20 years or so, when there was a Venture Touring Society, (I had a Suzuki then).

What I learned in your garage that day was how a Venture should sound. Now my Venture sounds like yours did that day.

I took the Venture out for a ride last Friday. Came home from work, started the VR, dressed for 45-degree weather, and went on a 30-mile ride. What a difference in sound and feel.

Anyway, let's stay in touch.

Nick

Nick, thanks for getting back to me,thought by your write up about going on train trip to Maine to pick up your 88 V. Royale, this had to be the guy I meet, and yes I agree we should keep in contact.

Glad I was of some help to you just by letting you see and listen to the sound of my 88 Venture Royale, also good to see your bike is up&running correctly now with all the new repairs,parts & labor. Did you have Bob do the mechanical work for you? He is one of the best of the best mechanics I know. Think it was about 1959 when I first meet Bobby.

This past year I did not ride my bike as much as I would have liked to,with building new garage,and almost compleatly remodeling our house,just did not find or took anytime to ride, hope this will change this year,looking forward to more rides on my Venture Royale.

Take care and keep in contact, thanks again RUSS

Did you have Bob do the mechanical work for you? He is one of the best of the best mechanics I know. Think it was about 1959 when I first meet Bobby.

Russ, I had the work done by Kevin Pohl, the independent mechanic up in Funkstown. Bob S. is the one who put me in touch with Kevin back in the early 90's. I've been going to Kevin's (TriState Motorcycle Service) since then.

I owned five consecutive Suzuki GS shafties (850's and an 1100GK), all serviced by Kevin. The 1100GK had 132,000 miles on it when I sold it to a fellow in Ohio last summer. I bought the 88 VR to replace the old reliable Suzuki; I always liked Bob's (now yours!) white 88 Venture, so when the one in Maine became available for sale, I bought it. I've always valued Bob's advice, especially now that I'm a Venture owner.

I look forward to many years of riding this beautiful Venture. I've always liked the bikes of the 80's.

My email address is marinick1@comcast.net . Please drop me a line so we can stay in touch directly. We gotta get you out on the road with your Venture. We'll be twins! ;>)

Nick