IGNORED

Howards horns

Guest Jimesaj

Guest Jimesaj

I just installed the big horn from howards horns on my 06 RSV and it is VERY loud and great quality. I have never heard the stebel and others but my son has and says this is much louder. They actually don't give a decibel range for the horn. I used the hardware that came with the horn but they did not supply any wire...it is expensive at 150 bucks but worth the attention it attracts when I need it. After taking the stock horn off the right side, I used one of the existing holes from the stock horn mount, and used the black bracket supplied with the horn...I did not want to see any hint of a compressor so I drilled a 1/2" hole out the front of my saddlebag and mounted the compressor in the bag...a nice clean look, just a nice steel braided hose and horn showing to the rest of the world. They sent me wiring instructions for a Harley of course and wiring it that way to the relay did not work...so I found a thread on here about wiring another brand horn and it worked...just make sure the brown wire from the stock horn goes to post 86 on the relay, and the pink wire from the stock horn goes to post 85 and it will work using the existing horn button. They have several horns available but I wanted to make the most noise I can so went with the big horn.

Guest Jimesaj

sound clips from all their horns can be heard on their site howardshorns.com and it really is accurate...my big horn sounds just like their sound clip of it...

Guest Jimesaj

they are really loud, the cage drivers are hearing them and this on the freeway, I have put many drivers back in their lane where they belong...definitely getting reaction out of them in spots no one heard the stock horns...yaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! in fact I think some have pulled over to regain their composer after I scared the sheyet out of them : )