IGNORED

NEone switched the Radio, CB and Stuff and went with...

...a whole different setup that hooks into the helmets headsets on a 1st Gen?

Something like J & M's bar mounted CB, XM Radio & GPS and connect an iPod that pipes through the helmets headsets and still utilizes the external speakers?

And, are able to talk on their Cell Phone?

What have you done? What do you recommend? How has it worked out? Do you have any pics?

Wife was considering getting me XM, I want a CB and I want a set of headsets for a pair of Full Face helmets. GPS is optional at this point in time as I can't really get away and use i until the kids get a little older.

Giga,

New to the Venture world, but I've been cruising for a while. I'm a personal fan of the Autocom system. Yes, they are pricey, but they work great! I hook up an MP3 player, and my phone, and on our last cross country had FRS radios with push to talk buttons as well. Still have an input for a GPS or whatever.

Sound quality is wonderful, and the tunes mute when the FRS or phone is in use. Plus, both passenger and I can talk on the phone and we've had conversations on the bike where the person on the other end had no idea we were riding until SWMBO chimed in.

My plan is to remove the CB and put the tape deck. Will put in a separate sealed battery to just run the stereo, then I can use that for tunes when we stop without worrying about running down the bike battery and getting stuck.

My .02, worth about what you paid for it.

Paul