IGNORED

What a nice surprise

Black Owl

Finally decided to check my mail yesterday and came back with one of the nicest surprises I have received in a long time.

Gar (Grandpagak) and his lovely bride Ann (Grandmagak) sent me a copy of the latest book out on the life and times of Willie Nelson.

The folks on this site never cease to amaze me and sometimes saying thank you seems so inadequate.

But, as inadequate as it may be, please allow me to take this opportunity to publically express my thanks and appreciation to Gary and Ann for this great Christmas gift.

Thank you so much.

Russell

:mytruck:

One of the worse sounding voices around (almost as bad as mine) but he makes it work somehow.

Dan I think you missed the point it was the thought that counted. It is not the gift, but can not agree more with you. :rotf:

BRad

Edited by BradT

You see Russell...there are folks here that do love you, dont know why

:confused24:

JK buddy...Merry Christmas to you

:happy34:

Well, be that as it may, don't be getting to thinking this is going to derail my kinder and gentler disposition and pleasing personality. :duck:

http://www.postsmile.com/img/winter/107.gif

Dan I think you missed the point it was the thought that counted. It is not the gift, but can not agree more with you. :rotf:

BRad

Knew what you were saying Brad. Gift has nothing to do with thought behind it sometimes. It has just always just amazed me, Willie has a voice if you listen to him you think How Can He Sing? But he sure does.

Willie's style of singing is differrent. I have seen interviews with other singers that say it is hard to sing with him because he is about four beats behind the music. It will surprise you to learn of some of the songs he wrote for other artists. His life story is very interesting whether you like his music or not. I laughed at him on a program about his life. He was talking about getting into trouble with the IRS. He said he had all these high powered accountants and tax lawyers advising him and wound up owing millions in taxes. He said from now own he was going to H & R Block.