IGNORED

New jacket & gloves

TEW47

Last week I went to put on my winter jacket and found that I had expanded my wastline and could not zipup my jacket. So I wanted a new Tour Master trans.2. ;As I called around nobody had one. I called competition accessories and they were out too. But the sales said he had other jackets and the price was negotiable. Well he offered me a Fieldsheer Quattro in high Vis yellow for the same price as the Tour master, $152. I think I got a good deal. Also bought Calela's gore-tex Pinnacle glove for $50,in reviews a guy said he wore then in -25 degrees and his hands were warm. Glove is used in Alaska in dog sleigh racing. Hope they are as warm as they say.

tew47

Motorcycle-Superstore has the Tourmaster Trans2 on sale for $166.99! They're quick to process orders and excellent customer service.

Also, I was curious did you get the all black deerskin shell gloves? I'm wondering how stiff they are and how thick on the palm side. I've been looking for cold-weather gloves and had seen the Pinnacles on Cabela's website. (I had previously bought a pair of full-fingered, leather m/c gloves that had some padding on the palm.....I can't wear them; the extra thickness kills my hands. During the summer, I wear a matched set of golf gloves)

I would still be interested in your evaluation after you receive them and wear them a little. Your opinion as a biker and a fellow club member is more valuable to me than what may be posted on Cabela's. Here we have commonality of use and purpose. The fact that some camping guy is happy as a clam in the cold with them doesn't carry the weight of a biker doing 60 or 70 mph down the slab and keeping his hands warm! :cold:

I recently donated a whole box of "winter MC gloves" to Goodwill. All of them were purchased with the belief that they would keep my hands somewhat comfortable while riding in cold weather. I'm here to tell you there was not ONE set in the box of 26 sets that even came close to doing the job!

If I added up all the $$$ I spent on those gloves I could have bought a full set of heated gear and still had $$$ left over for a dozen ice cream stops!Grrrrrrr........

Heated gloves are on their way as I type this. I'll post a report on them after seeing how they perform.

I recently donated a whole box of "winter MC gloves" to Goodwill. All of them were purchased with the belief that they would keep my hands somewhat comfortable while riding in cold weather. I'm here to tell you there was not ONE set in the box of 26 sets that even came close to doing the job!

If I added up all the $$$ I spent on those gloves I could have bought a full set of heated gear and still had $$$ left over for a dozen ice cream stops!Grrrrrrr........

Heated gloves are on their way as I type this. I'll post a report on them after seeing how they perform.

That'd be good!

I would be verinterested to know how good those gloves really are. I can keep everything warm but my fingers.

Chuck

I'll second that Chuck, I rode today...Fri...and it was about -2 C, the only thing cold was my fingers. Maybe heated is the only way to go! :cold:

Ian