IGNORED

Bad experience with a dealer in Jackson, TN

mountainhorsega

A little bit of a long story, but avoid or be very careful with Carlock Powersports in Jackson TN. At least when we raised he** with the manager he made them do it close to right.

While we were at the bikefest, the back tire dwindled quicker than expected so... Off to Jacksonville, TN to find another. Ended up at Carlock Powersports (The local Yamaha/Kaw dealer) A. The didn't have the right size rear AT ALL. B They only had the Bricks.

After being told by the parts dept. that they had nothing, I asked one of the other workers out front if there was anyone else that might have a tire (Had already checked Honda and Harley shops) At least this guy realized that we need a tire BAD. He says surely we have something close enough! so, back in we go. Found a 130/90-15 (close enough at this point) Service guy asks what bike and I told him a 06 TD, he says it will be $70 to mount it - (YEAH, we're off!). Pulled around, he looks at the bike and says Oh, that will be $140 to mount. They knew we were from out of town, they could see by looking that we NEEDED the tire and decided they would get some extra to go play. I argued with him for a bit, he went to the service manager and came back and said it was a hard tire to change due to shaft drive and all(Guess other 06 TD's aren't shaft with bags) and it would be 120. I told him straight out that he was gouging me :headache:and my normal guy charges $55. But go ahead since we gotta have it. We then went and found the manager and told him they were gouging us since our guy can do it in 45 minutes and this places labor rate is $80/hr. Manager at least went back and checked, then came back and said well, they should have said it may take a couple of hours and he was sorry they didn't make it clear but they would charge the hourly rate. (I had already clocked them when they started. Took the guy 45 mins - they still charged $89. But at least it wasn't $120. I told the service kid that he needed to learn how to explain to customers that the hourly rate is X and we think it will take this long but may be up to that long and the charge MIGHT be Y. He didn't seem to care.

I know, will get rid of that 130 Brick ASAP:8:. Forgot how noisy those suckers are, at least it does have tread and does stick to the road.

You would think that a dealer would welcome someone from out of town and try to be gracious and show a little compassion for someone stuck on the road. Got back to bikefest and someone else told us you really have to watch them, they like to charge outragous prices and take a really long time to do simple stuff.

Other than that - the people of Jackson and Lexington(especially) are VERY NICE people and a great bunch. The bikefest was to raise money for the battered childrens shelter and they do a great job.

In the almost 100,000 miles I have put on my bike, the one thing I have noticed is when a tire gets closer to the wear bars, it seems to wear a lot quicker. It may be because there is less flex that a lot of thread has and it scuffs quicker. Either way, if I am getting ready to put some miles on, I will consider that I may have a lot less miles available in worn tires than it looks.

RandyA

We do keep an eye on them. They do go quicker after hitting the bars. I checked it and thought it would hold out. Hate to change them too early and figured it still had it in it but just lost confidence after we got there (had a hair raising experience on the way as well which didn't help any.) Honestly, it might have held up but would rather be safer than sorrier(if that even a word).