IGNORED

Harley tri-gluide

Canuck

Ok guys saw the new tri-gluide today and I kinda like it as an option for the better half. Was told 38000.00 ca for the basic bike. So what do you think, is there a better way to go such as the Honda trikes. To be honest I,m kinda leary about Harley as I had an Ultra Classic in the spring and I took it back after 1400 kms and two oil pump failures. My 2008 Venture is still gonna be my main ride.

Come on guys help me with this. The better half would ride but it will take 2 or 3 years to get her up to speed on two wheels so we can go see new things. I,m just thinking three wheels will get her moving faster and I, m not sure how many good years are left in these old bones. The 3 wheelers are more money to buy and maintain but she may find it easier, please tell me if I,m wrong. Maybe it,s wrong to look at a first year bike (Harley) and would be smater to find a used Honda trike, I don,t know but sure could use some advise. There must be some wisdom out there in Venture land some where.

In my honest opinon, the first question I would be asking MY wife is: do you prefer to be a passenger or a rider? My wife's answer is she would prefer to be a passenger. She loves to ride but does not want to drive. If your wife says she wants to be the driver, then the next question I would ask is, Do you want to learn how to ride a bike for the first time on an 800 plus pound three wheeled motorcycle. If she answers this question "yes" she must be one hellofa' woman, and you are a very lucky man! If she says "no" then you might want to think about triking a smaller bike, in the 750 to 1100 cc range. Something with enough poop to run on the highway but small enough for her to handle. And when YOUR bones get old enough you both can step up to a triked goldwing, RSV, or Harley. By then SHE might even give YOU a few driving lessons on the trike! I have more than one friend who bought more bike than they could handle and either stopped riding it or even worse.....crashed it and NEVER rode again. :confused24:

Just my two cents, for what it's worth!

Trike Safe,

Earl and Jean

Come on guys help me with this. The better half would ride but it will take 2 or 3 years to get her up to speed on two wheels so we can go see new things. I,m just thinking three wheels will get her moving faster and I, m not sure how many good years are left in these old bones. The 3 wheelers are more money to buy and maintain but she may find it easier, please tell me if I,m wrong. Maybe it,s wrong to look at a first year bike (Harley) and would be smater to find a used Honda trike, I don,t know but sure could use some advise. There must be some wisdom out there in Venture land some where.

Here is something I saw at the Edmonton Bike show last January, a Hyosung 650CC Trike

http://www.equipmentsearch.com/dealers/5721/details.html?cat=6&adid=240255&pid=219