IGNORED

Autumn Venture

spi8as

Took advantage of a gorgeous day in NH. No traffic, peak fall colors, peaceful. I started out for a short ride, but the smooth ride on my RSV just kept me going and I had soon put on 150 miles. Last Sunday, I had rented an '08 Harley Electraglide Ultra to see what all the hype was about. Nice ride once you get past the "Parkinson" shaking at idle, but not good enough to convince me that it's worth 23 big ones. I parked the Harley next to my RSV and had a good laugh. The dash on the Harley was cheap vinyl compared to the retro look of the RSV. I also like the beautiful curves of the RSV body versus the boxiness of the Harley. And my wife didn't appreciate the lack of passenger room and the cramped leg room on the Harley. I have to admit that I liked the sixth gear on the Harley, but still I can't justify the price difference between the two bikes. So, I went ahead and ordered a set of roadhouse mufflers to get the sound I want on the bike that I love, my RSV. Hope the weather holds up for a while so I can enjoy the new mufflers before the beast has to go into hibernation for the winter. Wishing you all beautiful autumn ventures!