IGNORED

Harbor freight lift

Dieseldawg

Ordered a 1200 # lift and after 5 weeks finally got it. Well here is the problem it's roughly 8 inch's shorter then the 1000 # lift. The bike won't fit in the vise and fit the table. I didn't know this until I tried it out for size. A buddy has the 1000 # lift and the bike fit just fine. Called him about the size and he confirmed it is 8 inch's shorter. Has anybody bought the 1200 # lift and made it work? I think I might be able to modify it but I'm concerned that the vise will have to be moved too far foward and create a front heavy tip hazzard. Any ideas or input ? I don't really won't to go thru the hassle of returning it and getting another lift.:think:

Ordered a 1200 # lift and after 5 weeks finally got it. Well here is the problem it's roughly 8 inch's shorter then the 1000 # lift. The bike won't fit in the vise and fit the table. I didn't know this until I tried it out for size. A buddy has the 1000 # lift and the bike fit just fine. Called him about the size and he confirmed it is 8 inch's shorter. Has anybody bought the 1200 # lift and made it work? I think I might be able to modify it but I'm concerned that the vise will have to be moved too far foward and create a front heavy tip hazzard. Any ideas or input ? I don't really won't to go thru the hassle of returning it and getting another lift.:think:

Hmmmmmmm,that's interesting.I had to modify mine because my 1st. gen on the center stand would be on the center drop section and I couldn't drop the tire.

I moved the tire vice foward 6" with no ill tipping effects.

I'm also going to cut a 4" section out the drop section and weld it back onto the table.

That way I should be covered for any bike.:happy34:

Otherwise it's a great lift..:thumbsup2: