I got my first look of my new 90 Venture today. The CLASS seems like it’s not getting any power. Anyone know what fuse it runs off of and where that fuse is? I had the idea of running power directly from the battery to see if that fixes the problem. Would that cause any issues? Should I wire a fuse in between? I tried riding the bike, but it bottoms out on small dips in the road so I don’t think I can ride it home unless I can figure out something with the suspension.

Thanks,

Al

You know that it only powers up in the acc key position?

Need to get a test light and check across all the fuses in the box,two fuse boxes one on top of the battery has old glass fuses and the other is smaller that has the newer blade style fuses,should be on top front side of battery,you could also check for power at the class system it self with the key on acc.

Checked the wires with a voltage meter with the acc on and there is no power. So I'm going to try to track that down and see if I can find why. May try to power it directly from the battery and see what happens.

Should you hear the pump turn on when you turn on the key? Is it loud?

Al

Checked the wires with a voltage meter with the acc on and there is no power. So I'm going to try to track that down and see if I can find why. May try to power it directly from the battery and see what happens. ffice:office" />

Should you hear the pump turn on when you turn on the key? Is it loud?

Al

IF the class is working you will definitely hear the pump, but you gotta get the display working so so you where your air pressure is.

Brian

IF the class is working you will definitely hear the pump, but you gotta get the display working so so you where your air pressure is.

Brian

Not necessarily so!

If you are plugging in a known good controller, nothing will happen automatically.

You need to put the key in the ACC position and then push the Rear button.

If no digits show on the display, then you may not have power to the unit.

Push Auto, then push Medium. If there is a working display and less than 42 psi in the rear, you will hear the compressor start and see the digits change.

If this doesn't do anything (and you are using the known, good controller) then (and only then) it is possible that you don't have power to the white connector.

If you use a test light (or multimeter on voltage position) and connect the negative lead to the battery ground, you should fine one of more of the pins in the connector that are hot.

If not, you'd probably need to verify that your ACC position is definitely HOT. You should be able to do a couple of things to verify this - including just turning on the radio.

If the radio comes on, you have an open somewhere in the harness that goes to the CLASS CONTROLLER.

Murph'

Not necessarily so!

If you are plugging in a known good controller, nothing will happen automatically.

You need to put the key in the ACC position and then push the Rear button.

If no digits show on the display, then you may not have power to the unit.

Push Auto, then push Medium. If there is a working display and less than 42 psi in the rear, you will hear the compressor start and see the digits change.

If this doesn't do anything (and you are using the known, good controller) then (and only then) it is possible that you don't have power to the white connector.

If you use a test light (or multimeter on voltage position) and connect the negative lead to the battery ground, you should fine one of more of the pins in the connector that are hot.

If not, you'd probably need to verify that your ACC position is definitely HOT. You should be able to do a couple of things to verify this - including just turning on the radio.

If the radio comes on, you have an open somewhere in the harness that goes to the CLASS CONTROLLER.

Murph'

Sorry about that I didnt say what I meant to say, so Ill be quiet now....LOL

Youre so right Murph!

Brian

Before you can jury-rig the class by running power to the appropriate inbound wire (s) you'll have to find out which wire should have power.

According to this, there should be two Red/Blue hot leads coming in from the ignition switch to the controller harness.

http://www.gunlakescooters.com/Venture/CLASS_blockdiagram.jpg