IGNORED

need winter project.

Snarley Bill

well i have completed my winter project four years in the making. built a v-twin powered prototype cushman eagle for a machinist friend of mine, with a one off fourspeed transmission that we designed and built from scratch. the whole scooter is hand made and i built it from scratch. he is now manufacturing these transmissions and primary drivetrains. i put my all in this project, and when the day came to start it up and ride it i was really apprehensive. well, i took it for a test ride down my street and it actually worked and shifted great. very fast. it has a briggs vanguard 630 cc v-twin which i built with dual mikuni's. j&e pistons ported with a reground cam. very fast will top 100 mph . you can see a picture of it at http://www.reisstoolandmachine.com anyway looking for a new project for this winter. any ideas. had a vakyrie pass me yesterday on the highway and i had this brainstorm that i have never seen an 1800 gold wing cuiser. maybe i could find a salvage one for a start. i think it would look cool and different. got a few things to wrap up on my zx14 but that should'nt take long. just digging for ideas. bill :2133:

Edited by wpredock

Very very impressive Bill, and you should be proud...!!!!:clap2::thumbsup2:

i am kinda proud of it. he has about $40,000.00 dollars in it figuring cnc programing and all the other crap. almost everything on it is reproduction including the custom built frame. the only original cushman part is the rear hub and brake drum. even has custom made hydraulic front disc brakes. thats my shop that the pictures were taken in. he wanted me to keep building them to sell, but it was just to much work. most long drawn out build i have ever done and will never tackle something like that again. he is in the process of reverse engineering it and building one for a guy up north. i had one i built for myself that looked just like it with an automatic transmission several years ago. he wanted a four speed cuz he liked to shift but i think the automatic would beat it. got one in the works now that i am building with a brand new oem 1953 crosely engine and an automatic. had to stretch the frame 5 inches to mount the engine longetudinal. some of the members here that have been in my shop have probably seen it. kind of lost interest but someday i will finish it. bill :)