IGNORED

2003 Suzuki VL1500 Twin

GeorgeS

Question:

2003 and back to about 1998 I believe, VL 1500 Intruder, Suzuki V-Twins. ??

I been researching them as a possible bike for my son. As in, looking for a good deal on a used bike.

Anyway, does anybody have any information as to any types of known problems with these bikes.

I guess the 2004 and up, are known as the C90 --

From what I can find the 03 and older ones, at least on E-Bay, have been selling for around $4500.00 I found 5 that have sold on E-Bay, this month for that Average Price.

So, any comments , good or bad would be apprciated, just looking for information on them at this point.

Thanks-:puzzled:

A friend of mine that used to have a Venture has two of them. He's about 6'4" and 310 lbs. He claims one of them is the most comfortable he's ever ridden. Their gas tank is very small and he has to stop for gas about every 130 miles. What looks like the gas tank isn't actually the tank. He has turned his into a full dresser using old HD parts.

Thanks for the Info.

I have found that The VL1500's do have some problems with " compression release " system for starting.

Also, there seems to be some Starter Circuit problems, with them.

But for the price they seem to be a good value, for a used bike.

I have a 99 Intruder with 61000 miles on it. A few problems but nothing that cost much money. The Compression release problem is an easy fix. There is a web site called Moccs Place that will link you to anything you want to know about the Intruder.

It is not as comfortable and the VENTURE!!!