IGNORED

Maysville KY

steppenwolf

[ATTACH]22249[/ATTACH]

Well I am an all brand rider,don't care what ya ride so I was invited to the SWOKZ(South West Ohio KZ) ride,a small group. I could not make the actual ride so I did my own to get there and back..wanted to meet the small group.

I ran some roads I grew up on,they are now four lane highways but the old roads still remain.I got lost a little and forgot a lot.I am rolling down RT68 south of Mt.Orab OH and see this covered bridge,pic above,well ya know I just gotta stop..it has an arch in it,first time I have seen that in a wooden covered bridge so I renamed it the XS Heaven Archway Bridge:-)

[ATTACH]22250[/ATTACH]

RT.68 is flat and a little boring so I pick up RT353 to Rt. 763...now I am talking,

They had too much time on their hands years ago cause these rock walls were everywhere.............[ATTACH]22251[/ATTACH]

A beautiful area,what southern Ohio is about...

[ATTACH]22252[/ATTACH]

There is little or no traffic on these roads and no gravel on any curves so I was riding a bit on the spirited side.....[ATTACH]22253[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22254[/ATTACH] thru the windshield..and they were smooth for the most part.

Came across this sign,turned around and went back,an x hippie commune with ties to some acid trip...can't find it on any OH map I have.........

[ATTACH]22255[/ATTACH]

So as I keep rolling along with a big ole smile on my face I make it to Aberdeen OH where I hit the DQ for a bite to eat.I am on RT.52 now and bikes were just rolling by...mainly Harleys and a few stopped in where I was at and asked all the normal questions,it was obvious I was on the road a bit, nice riders.

Last half of my post did not make it. I hit Maysville KY and ya gotta stop and see the flood wall and the river.Previous post,for the grand ma's and grand pa's.Rosemary Clonney at the Russel theatre and right up the street is the Russell theatre which is being renovated. Right now tobacco is the cash crop which is the other mural pictured and then the bikes finally arive at the Hotel Hampton.

This was a Kaw run but....[ATTACH]22260[/ATTACH]........

[ATTACH]22261[/ATTACH].....Yamaha

[ATTACH]22262[/ATTACH]......Suzuki...

were there also but looking at the faces of the riders.....all smiles..

[ATTACH]22263[/ATTACH]

On my way back to Cincinnati I took a comfort ride and hit Ripley OH to see the Rankin House which over looks the OH river...it was part of the underground railroad...beautiful place to see the river.

[ATTACH]22264[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22266[/ATTACH]

Sorry for the multiple posts...I keep screwing stuff up...just your average working schlep.

Thanks for viewing,

Bill