I've read on here about the changing the exhaust by installing the harley or by getting aftermarket pipes. Has anyone on here ever removed their factory mufflers and modified them as most have done with the harley pipes? Aftermarket pipes are out of the question do to cost. Why can't the stock exhaust be modified as the harley pipes? are they that much different inside? Sorry for the questions, but I would like my 02 to sound more like a motorcycle than a sewing machine , not loud, just a nice low deep rumble. Thanks.....:banana:

I see you are from Pa, I have a set of brand new Road King pipes you can have for 50 bucks, thats what I paid, if you are close enuff you can save shipping? Stop over to our Meet n Eat on sat. and meet the gang. If you are interested check out the So East Pa meet. Craig

i have stock road king slip ons on mine. the inside diameter on mine are close to twice the size of the stock mufflers. i also drilled out the little hole in the baffle to half an inch. i picked mine up off of e-bay brand new for $40 plus shipping for a total of $55. i found out after the fact from a friend of mine that is the local harley service manager that they have several laying around i could have gotten for free. check the local harley dealer for what they have. i used flat stainless and made my own mounts in less than twenty minutes. it has a nice low rumble.

good luck

Thanks for the info. Funny thing a harley friend of mine call just a few mins. ago and while on the phone I just happen to ask if he had any mufflers laying around and he said yea, a hole box full of them what do you need them for you ride a jap bike. I explained to him what guys are doing, he said stop by and look to see if there is anything you can use. He said he had a set on vance and hines pipes and some other's. Will aftermarket harley pipes work? I guess they would bolt up the same as the stockers. Oh yea he has an 03 roadking. cecdoo where and when is the meet at this week end? Wife and I may be interested in a little ride. I had chatted with you before. I'm from shbg.

Meet is Sat Sept 20th meet at Rutters in Brogue Pa. just east of York, I just bumped the post up, you should be able to find it in todays posts. Sorry dont know how to post link, meet at 11 am for lunch and afternoon ride, maybe an Ice Cream stop. Let me know if you need more info. Be great to see you there. Craig

One week to go. Here’s the final plan…:fingers-crossed-emo

I have a confirmed list of 24 people on 16 bikes. If you haven't already, please shoot me an email if you would like to jon us!

The Brown Cow won’t be able to take us as they have a large reservation next Saturday. We are going to meet at Rutter’s gas station and convenience store between 11:00 and noon (2600 Delta Rd, Brogue , PA 17309 Location A on Map). I will be there at 11:00. Anyone who needs to can fuel up, use restroom, etc. Kickstands up at 12:00 noon sharp. We will ride about 20 minutes south to Delta Family Restaurant (5978 Delta Road – Location B on Map). We’ll Eat & Meet there. (Isn’t that what this is about anyway?) Anyone coming up from the south can go straight there if they choose. The restaurant is on the north side of a traffic circle.

When we are ready to hit the road, we will go south to Route 1 in Maryland and then East on Route 1. The next turn is north on US 222 to PA 372. We will go north on River Road (I’ll try not to miss my turn this time!). This is a narrow winding road I hope everyone enjoys it. In Columbia, we will cross back over the Susquehanna to PA 624 South. We will end at Lauxmont Farm Bakery and Ice Cream.

I think since most or maybe all of us have CBs, we will not worry so much about getting separated. If we do, we’ll communicate and improvise a catch up point. There aren’t too many controlled intersections but there are some. We are bound to get split up eventually. I will maintain posted speed limits at the front of the group.

Craig – Maybe you can ride somewhere in the middle of the pack and lead a second group if we get separated?

Tom – if you are still willing to bring up the rear, that would be great.

I hope this works!! I have never led a group this size before. Please bear with me!!

Here is the map:

Driving Directions

Link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,0.235863&z=12[/color]>

Yes you can modify the stock pipes to get a better sound and get the exhaust flowing more freely. The ROADSTAR clinic website has info on how to do it. I modified my 01 Roadstar pipes and just finished my 01 Venture's pipes. I like the sound, kinda a slight rumble, but not to load. All it took was my time-no $'s. I even did the mod with the pipes on the bike.

Actually people are installing Harley Davidson mufflers, the pipes don't work as the Yamaha RSV has twice as many cylinders as the Harley Davidsons do..........

Harley might catch up...... someday........

As for sewing macine sound, I am a kite builder by hobby and I have a sewing machine that will make 5 stitches thur a quarter. LOTS of power but it does sound like a motorcyle when I am sewing on it :)

drilling out the pipes is GREAT!!!

i did it on my 07 RSV , son bought "stage 2" Road King pipes off ebay for $50.

little varmit swapped my drilled RSV pipes for the Road kings.

They're "throaty" and not too loud.

i'm now running Bubs - gift from wifey - want to switch back to the drilled stock pipes byt it would hurt her feelings..

try something like roadstrclinic.com

or there's a vstar1100.com site as well - they have a link to the procedures too.