IGNORED

LED Amp Draw

MasterGuns

Need some electrical help here. I just replaced the 14 - 5 watt wedge bulbs in my lower light bar. So my questions are and am I correct in the following:

1) Amp draw for the 14 X 5 watt incandescent bulbs I removed was: 14 X 5 wts ea = 70 wts divided by 12 volts = 5.83 amps

and

2) Amp draw for the 14 LED wedge bulbs I just installed is: 14 X .026 amps at 12 volts = .364 amps

Therefore; reducing the load by some 5.46 amps. I also replaced both the stock 1157s in the taillight with LEDs purchased from "superbrightleds.com" and believe me, they ARE brighter. I then tied in the light bars into the taillight wiring in order to increase the load on that circuit. This seems to have eliminated the "warning" light on the dash from thinking a taillight bulb was blown. So what they come on together.

Now whenever the brake light circuit is activated, the amp gauge doesn't drop at all and I have more even more visibility at all times. I used to be concerned watching the amp gauge drop significantly while sitting at a light for extended periods of time holding the brakes on.

Are my above calculations correct or am I way out there in left field?

Perhaps somebody more inclined than I can advise.

Thank y'all