IGNORED

raido 84 vr

If you can, you may need to pull apart the module these buttons are in and gently spray some contact cleaner in the buttons. Possible dirty contacts in there.

(SE Indy)

While you have it apart hit all the buttons with the cleaner. The ones that currently work will stop next week if you don't.

Yep, it sounds like the am/fm button is either stuck open or stuck closed... time for some cleaner. I wasn't so lucky, mine had green crud around them and I had to replace about 6 of 'em... went to a local TV/radio repair shop and he had about 50... and gave me 6 for a dollar...

just watch the "height" of the shaft on any replacement, you can cut them down but they REALLY need to be all the "original" height or reassembly will find one or mure stuck closed (depressed).

Guest superman

Don't mean to be the downer here but I had the same problem with my '88 when I bought it. After attacking the buttons with contact cleaner it made no difference. I had to replace the actual tuner unit inside the fairing and then all worked fine, hope this is not your problem is somewhat expensive fix.