IGNORED

My Neighbor's New to Him 86 VR.

So my question is, after I drain the carb bowls, sync the carbs, how many ounces of seafoam should he put in on a full tank and have him take a trip. I was thinking that 2 tanks of new fuel with seafoam should clean up the fuel system.

My neighbor rode his new to him 86 VR home about 600 miles. Today I took a quick 30 minute ride. It needs the carbs synced up of which I can do, for I have a carb tune. I can tell by the throttle response and that it also back fires some and the back pressure at the exhaust is not really steady and strong.

Your thoughts tks.

We are going to go thru the rest of the VR as time permitts, but 1st wanted to get the carbs synced and fuel system cleaned up.

How many miles and when were valves done? When I get one I do a Sea-Foam soak on it. But if it is running good just run a couple tanks about double what it calls for.

10,000 miles, probably never had the valves done.

So how many oz of seafoam per tank full?

So how many oz of seafoam per tank full?

Normal Seafoam dosage is 1 ounce per gallon, so with a full tank (~5gals) use about a quarter (4 ounces) of the 1 pint can. That ratio is good for routine fuel system maintenance. Use half a can for cleaning a slightly grungy system.

I would dump a whole can in it. Gives it a good cleaning and then use a few oz every other tank or so to keep it that way. I have used a whole can to less than 1/4 tank on something that was showing signs of crud in there. Works Great!!