IGNORED

Vacuum advance restrictor

The TCI module on the 83 took a dump, and finally I was able to purchase an 84 TCI for a fair price. This was the 2nd one I purchased. THe first was for an 83, and my 89 only ran on 1 cylinder on it. When I opened it up (after getting my refund--the seller didn't want it returned) it was extremely wet inside. Now I need to change how the pressure module is piped to the engine, but I don't think the 83 has a restrictor. The bike is at my brothers 160 miles from here, so I can't just run out and look. I looked in the Yamaha parts list, and couldn't find the restrictor listed. I have some questions......

1) Does the 83 already have the restrictor? If it does then I have everything I need.

2) Where is the restrictor listed on the parts fiche? I looked on 'Electrical 2' where the pressure sensor is and also on 'Carburetor'. I didn't see anywhere else that I thought would be where they hid it.

3) Does anybody have an extra restrictor?

Thank you,

Frank

Frank....

its on the AIR FILTER fiche

41R-14489-00-00 NOZZLE

No nozzle on the 83 as it used ported vacuum off #2 carb which is not as bouncy as the synch port.

Edited by Neil86

Auto Zone sells a similar item that can be used to replace restrictor.

The stock one also serves to connect 2 different ID vacuum lines together. 2 different size hoses are not needed when intake boot is used as vacuum source.

AutoZone also sells a rubber plug that can be used to block port on #2 carb. Don't have that P/N handy.

Gary

Restrictor.JPG

vacuum restrictor.jpg

Gary,

Did you restrict the connector or just install it as is? If you filled in the connector with something, what did you use? I'm considering a blob of RTV type instant gasket/sealant with a toothpick pushed through it. Then when the sealant cures a bit, just rotate the toothpick and remove it leaving a small hole.

Gary,

Did you restrict the connector or just install it as is? If you filled in the connector with something, what did you use? I'm considering a blob of RTV type instant gasket/sealant with a toothpick pushed through it. Then when the sealant cures a bit, just rotate the toothpick and remove it leaving a small hole.

The restrictor I listed above has a narrowing in tube. There would be no need to modify it.

Gary