IGNORED

Smelling gas

I have noticed that I am smelling gas after riding, not bad and don't see any leaks, also appear my fuel consumption is up its an 05 RSTD any thoughts? Currently have the k&n filters and the chrome covers

I have the same thing every once in awhile. I always park it with a full tank and wondered if the heat from the engine made the gas in the tank expand enough to push alittle out the overflo's. Never see any puddles so I really dont worry about it. I am sure you will get other opinions.

Craig

I have noticed that I am smelling gas after riding, not bad and don't see any leaks, also appear my fuel consumption is up its an 05 RSTD any thoughts? Currently have the k&n filters and the chrome covers
Your bike may be suffering from a sticky float. Have you recently run some Seafoam through it? Had that happen on my 90 VR while on a trip but did not know about Seafoam at the time and so just ran it for a week like that, leaving a little trail of gas behind me . After getting home gave it a treatment and all was well once again.

I think I'm just getting peranoid before my first big trip on the new bike, Texas to banff/jasper :)

Sounds like a great adventure, if ya get a chance take some pics and keep us up to date on the trip.

Craig