IGNORED

Oil Pressure Gauge

I just installed an fairing on my 97 RSTC. (pictures to follow in another thread) In the fairing I installed a Sunpro CP8212 electric oil pressure gauge. The gauge reads @50psi when cold and @30psi when the engine is at operating temp. Are these readings correct? If not, what should they be? The reason I'm asking is because the gauge fluxuates when the turn signal is on. I might need to isolate the ground wire on the gauge. Any thoughts? As long as I'm asking... I also installed a digital voltmeter. Everything I've read says that the volts should be lower at idle and higher at higher RPM. Mine reads 14.1v at Idle and 13.6v at higher RPM. I checked that it is connected correctly. Do I have a problem or could this be normal for my bike? Thanks for any help.

I was always told about 10 psi per 1000 rpm. Looking at the chart you posted it looks to be about the same. Oil press will drop as it warms up some. I myslef run the Shell Rotella T6 synthetic @ about $21 a gal. Its a 5w40. Pretty good all around oil.

As far as the fluctuations of the pressure gauge with turn signal I would say a ground is a good place to start.

Charging system I have to defer the question to someone more experienced on that subject.