IGNORED

New here. And looking for advice.

Hey folks. 

I'm new to the forum. And interested in a local bike here in Nova Scotia, Canada that's for sale. Royal Star Venture. '05.

Looking for any tips that could help me with my purchase? Things to look for? Stay away from? Maintenance issues? 

Honestly,  any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks so much.

• 1 month later...

Hey Firewood! Welcome to Venturerider! first thing i'd ask is do you have experience with bikes of this size? It's an 800 pound beast. lower center of gravity than the 1st gen but still a heavy bike. rock solid at highway speed but at low speeds can get a little scary if you aren't used to it. 

if you're looking for things to look for before buying one, it's just like any other bike. check the condition of the bike. tires, suspension, forks, does it look like it's been well maintained? check all fluid levels, look at the fluids, are they dark or clear? 

these bikes are built to last well past 200,000 miles if you take care of it. but you'll need to be the ultimate judge on it's condition and if it's worth it, to you, to pay whatever they're asking.

Check the rear shock for oil leak. Ignition switches can be a problem, easy fix on here for that. Overall incredible machines as long as they’re maintained and ridden. Keep the carbs clean, sitting long term is hard on em. 

I look for original owners, garage kept, service records and overall look of the bike....does it look like it was his/her baby?  Miles are less important, but, the more miles the more I would look at the things listed before.