IGNORED

Some possibly interesting news!

Brenda H

I made a run yesterday down to Katy, Texas. Time for some semi serious shopping [new house] and to see what else I could find. One of my regular stops when I make this trip is WildWest Motorsports [aka WildWest Honda, aka Katy Honda] hoping to pick up a copy of the owner's manual for my Honda Rancher. I spent some time talking to one of the guys about the SV and if/when Yamaha would get any more out [they're the local Yam. dealer as well] when I was shown some of their latest acquisitions. VERY Interesting!! Seems the outfit pulled a raid on Honda's warehouse and bought a large number [i was told 30] of new/old stock. If anyone is interested they now have a collection of '14, '15, thereabouts Honda 250 Rebels and CBR300's, fresh out of the crate, all of which are priced at $3K. What had me coming down with a serious case of wishful thinking was a pair of Valkyries. A 2014 black and [my personal favorite] a gorgeous 2015 maroon red. Like the smaller bikes, these are crate fresh. Listed price $10K!! If I didn't already have my trike, I'd be figuring out ways to buy the red one as that is likely the only way I'd ever get a bike with the GW engine in it unless it was triked. There's a third one, blue version, coming in as well.

Also, I also made my first stop at the Katy Buc-ee's which is one of their newest. For those not familiar with these, they are "convenience store/gas stations" scattered around north, central and southern Texas. Calling most of them "convenience stores" is a massive understatement. This one is huge. Restaurant, bakery, clothing, jewelry, picnic/camping supplies, stuffed beavers [their "mascot"], etc., they have to be seen to be believed. Typical Buc-ee's, no 18 wheelers allowed even though the end set of pumps is diesel/DEF only. The thing that got my attention was going by the pumps which have 3 pump handles, diesel, ethanol gas, and non ethanol gas. The attention getter was that one pump island in each row had regular 87 octane non ethanol and the other had premium 92! Not cheap tho as the 87 was $1+ higher than the ethanol gas and the 92 was even higher. So anyone who like to buy theirs "straight", you now know where to look!

I know what you mean! I'd trike the the Valk as well. One of my favorite bikes has always been the Valkyrie Interstate ever since I first spotted one up in Illinois a few years back and followed it to find out what the heck it was. I even asked the guys what it would cost to convert that maroon lovely into one. I'm also curious as to what the blue one that is still coming looks like. I have to go back down there in about two weeks so I may just get to find out. :happy65:

I absolutely LOVE the Valkyrie and would love to own one, but like you, I already have my RSV trike...