IGNORED

radiator leaking at top plastic pin mount

Hello to all. Question on this problem and wanted to see if any of you had this problem in the past. Radiator is leaking water and it appears to be from the base of the plastic pin mount at the top of the radiator. It leaks about 8 Oz. of coolant a week. I check it weekly. To me.....this plastic pin in the top of the radiator really seems like a bad design. Can this be fixed.... or do I need to look into a new OEM radiator. Does anyone know of a shop that builds custom ones? Thank You.

Hello to all. Question on this problem and wanted to see if any of you had this problem in the past. Radiator is leaking water and it appears to be from the base of the plastic pin mount at the top of the radiator. It leaks about 8 Oz. of coolant a week. I check it weekly. To me.....this plastic pin in the top of the radiator really seems like a bad design. Can this be fixed.... or do I need to look into a new OEM radiator. Does anyone know of a shop that builds custom ones? Thank You.

First I've ever heard of the problem. It might have been damaged when the radiator was R&R'd in the past, or maybe front end damage?? You should be able to find another radiator on eBay for less then it would cost to buy new. Over the years I haven't seen a big demand for the 2ndGen...or 1stGen... radiators for that matter. Ergo...cheap!!

• 2 months later...

Did you get this fixed? Mine seems to have the same problem. Took off the radiator and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the pin. Puzzling.