IGNORED

National Cycle Peacemakers are on (review)

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

The National Cycle Peacemakers are on. I've ridden two days with them now. In quiet mode they are as quiet as stock with just a hint of lower tones but no real increase in dbs. In loud mode they are not extreme. As a matter a fact much to my delight the increased dbs has little effect on my stereo listening. The sound has a great rumble heard best standing behind the bike. When you roll on the throttle it satisfies that need for a powerful sound running through the gears. From a sound analysis they are a perfect mix of rumble and dbs without being obnoxious or droning in your ears as you cruise the highway in loud mode. There is a hint of VMAX sound if you know what I mean.

From a fit and finish analysis the slip-ons are high quality. The fit to the stock pipes is snug and secure but not quite as elegant as the stock mufflers at the clamp. They neck down to the stock pipes and have a visible clamp (clamp is similar to chrome finish) not as pretty as the taper of the chrome piece with stock mufflers. The mechanical / electrical operation of the muffler baffle works really well. I do not feel any carburetor adjustments will be required even in wide open mode. If I decide to open up the air box in the future I will have my local shop do a dyna tune on it tuning to the wide open position. I’ll be running in that mode most of the time anyway.

Installation was simple. Instructions are very clear with good pics. Anybody could do it with very basic mechanical and wiring skills.

Overall I’m very happy with this mod and I would highly recommend this product for those who would like to have a good bit more sound and rumble without obnoxious results from many other pipe upgrade choices and yet still have the option to run in stealth mode.

Thanks for the review. I'd seen these online before and wondered about them. (google is a wonderful search engine..... hint)

Since our bikes can accomadate a HD slip on exhaust with the special brackets, would there be much of a sound difference from the Peacemaker made for RSV and one made for HD installed on a RSV? Or are they the same part number?

It would be interesting to see / hear a video clip with these pipes on a RSV..

Cheers

Thanks for the review. I'd seen these online before and wondered about them. (google is a wonderful search engine..... hint)

Since our bikes can accomadate a HD slip on exhaust with the special brackets, would there be much of a sound difference from the Peacemaker made for RSV and one made for HD installed on a RSV? Or are they the same part number?

It would be interesting to see / hear a video clip with these pipes on a RSV..

Cheers

I don't know about the possible difference in the ones made for HD and those specifically for the RSV. Is the difference only the mounting points and the actual muffler built the same? Probably. I found the National Cycle people will respond quickly to email questions. You might send them a quick email and ask them about that. sales@nationalcycle.com

:worthless:

Okay, Okay, I know. Pics. I'll post some soon. Just a crazy holiday time. Hope everyone had a great time away from work and spent it with your family and reflected on the price paid for our freedom.

Update on Review: Okay, now going on a week with the Peacemakers slip on's. Still love the louder and the soft. Mechanical parts still perfect. Had a problem on my headlight power line blowing the 15 Amp fuse after splicing in the Peacmakers switch. Instructions tell you to tap this line. I'm sure that works no problem for most but I have a Flash2Pass integrated into my headlamp so when I used the flash to open the garage it would blow the fuse. Removed the Peacmakers splice and all is well again. I spliced the Peacemakers into another auxiliary power source I had already run up to my fairing when I put in the 3 accessory switch. I think the Flash2Pass when high to low was flashed it caused a short with the splice in the line.

I do have a question for all you experts out there.... I hear some minor popping from the pipes. Mostly in the pipes wide open state when I let off the throttle but a little even in quiet mode. I have always adhered to the concept that only change pipes or only air box (not air box on an RSV of course) that you do not have to rejet the carbs. My 2008 RSV has no mods to the air box so I shouldn't have a problem with just opening the pipes some. If I take it to my mechanic will they be able to adjust the carbs to get the popping out or will they want to rejet? This shop does have a dyno so they will likely advise doing a rejet on the dyno. Opinions?