IGNORED

Who's got some good heated grips?

Adavidson56304

I just picked up a cheap set of heated grips, bike master. They leave a lot to be desired. They are at least an inch shorter than the stock grips. The clutch side is very tight but I could probably get it on. The throttle side is really loose, it measures 1 1/16" id. I don't like the idea of having only glue holding it in. The temperature changes might break it up and leave me sol somewhere. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good set? Thanks

Guest tx2sturgis
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good set? Thanks

I assume your bike is a Royal Star?

I used the HotGrips brand. Others I'm sure will recommend their favorite brands.

I HIGHLY recommend the variable controller, and the epoxy they sell for the install. And yes, these fit perfectly, and even have the hole for the bar-end weights. You will have to dremel the ribs on the factory throttle sleeve. (the throttle side has to be bigger inside diameter to fit over the sleeve)

Its not a good idea to cheap-out on this stuff, you want something that will last for many years, since its a PAIN to install them. Spend the money, do it once, be done with it.

http://hotgrips.com/store.php?rn=125&action=show_detail

Edited by tx2sturgis