IGNORED

PORK in the PINES 2012 tell all

Bubber

I am compiling the true facts of the Pork in the Pines to be posted later today after my two brain cells get back from vacation. :doh:

OH the stories, we laughed, we cried, we ate, we gave thanks, we remembered, we were thankful for friends, life, liberty, and our way of life, we bonded, we watched and took care of each other. We all realize what a great and special group this is and that it is a treasure that is priceless.

No names will be mentioned but I am sure you will know any way. I have to go off to start my new job so I will get-R-done later today. Just wanted to warn the guilty parties. And no I don't have pictures so you are safe there! :whistling::whistling:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

So here are the topics to come

1. Hot Sex
  2. camper races @ 4am

3. old TV shows
  4. laughing till somebody almost pee'd their pants
  5. rooster
  6. sing along at the "Pork in the Pines"
  7. 50/50 tickets
  8. 3 beer limit
  9. pig hat
  10. German folk songs in German and dancing and............ :rotf:
  11. showering in public
  12. Last man (and ladies) standing (who else the Canadians)
  13. Food! food! food!
  14. Mr Roaster and the guest of honor
  15. side car ride or aka the thrill of a lifetime
  16. door prizes
  17. winners and losers
  18. paying it forward
  19. cooks little helpers
  20. Cook extraordinaire
  21. Host and hostess

I am sure there are more topics but somethings are only for those that attended the Pork in the Pines.

I will be posting them as I remember all the dirt I mean facts

First installment of lies I mean facts.

1. Hot Sex

Started by a person from NY who spells his name the same backwards and forwards and plays a drum of some kind. Evidently there was Hot Sex being consumed around the camp fire on more than one occasion. Yet none of us men folk were either aware or participated, eh.

Note to self: I have got to get better glasses and pay more attention

1. camper races @ 4am

Looks like some people like to go out for rides in the middle of the night and didn’t bother to notify or invite anyone else. Quickness evidently prevented a collision between a camper and their ride home.

1. old TV shows

Showing our age and our mental acuity we all tried to out do each other by remembering the funniest shows, actors, and skits that are burned into our memories from our childhood, as an example, Twilight Zone, Red Skeleton, I love Lucy, Hecliff the Seagull, Jeff Dunham, Akbar the Terrorist on and on and on

1. laughing till somebody almost pee'd their pants

Sitting around the campfire talking about old TV shows and funny segments or skits we remember from years ago certain people were laughing and farting so hard SHE almost pee’d her pants and everyone else was also hold parts of their anatomy so that they didn’t suffer the same consequences

1. Rooster

Mr. Rooster almost met his match this year with a feisty red head from Wisconsin who had a cookbook open and he was thumbing through for burnt, mangled, mutilated but silent rooster recipes.

1. sing along at the "Pork in the Pines"

Singing songs

At the Pork in the Pines

Wearing a pig hat

At the Pork in the Pines

Having a good time

At the Pork in the Pines

Eating a roast pig

At the Pork in the Pines

Thanks for the new ballad you guys created

At the Pork in the Pines

• 50/50 tickets

Someone actually had part of a good idea but implementation was everything.

The suggestion was to hold a 50/50 raffle to raise money for next year's Pork in the Pines (great idea) but we had no pre-printed tickets so they were told to write their name twice on a piece of paper and one half was placed in the jar and the other half was given back to them, then someone said why am I keeping a slip with my name on it………I know who I am…. DUH?

• 3 beer limit

Some people of German heritage seem to have a limited tolerance to beverages made from barley plus they maybe should not sing German folk songs and throw beer in the air for the finally of the song ……. Just saying.

• pig hat

After four years of wearing the pig hat….. now they tell him it wasn’t really mandatory and the person doesn’t really have to wear the hat as an initiation requirement.

• German folk songs in German and dancing and......

Covered under the three beer limit #8, but there was singing and there was dancing and there was stumbling and a good time was had by at least one…. Huh mein leapshen :rotf::rotf:

I am working on the second installment!

Edited by Bubber

Second installment:

• showering in public

Certain people must have an affinity for cold water because evidently the outside door to the accessible bathroom door was locked so being ingenious he set up a water shower with the garden hose and showered outside in public. Thank God a lot of us were busy working and cooking and didn’t have to witness the spectacle. Oh yah at least he kept his shorts on.

• Last man (and ladies) standing (who else the Canadians)

Well here we are at the breakfast, Monday morning at the restaurant just prior to leaving for home and what am I surrounded by? Canadians…. WOW! Them people sure know how to hang in there till the last dog is hung. As usual the Canadians out numbered all the other states and possibly all others combined. Sure glad they all could make it they sure are fun and they sure can kick it to the final bell.

Sure glad you all came eh!

• Food! food! food!

What can I say? We ate the guest of honor, a couple of turkeys, salad, beans, chilli, eggs, potato salad, bread pudding, and everything else that didn’t move or wiggle, and smelt good. Great job to our head cook and bottle washer. Black Owl, ya done good and we love ya man!

• Mr Roaster and the guest of honor

The new and improved roaster that I designed, built and painted all by myself without any help from anyone, worked fantastic! It cooked Mr Pig-a-sorous to perfection.

PS the preceding was all lies and mostly fabrication except for the cooking to perfection part.

• side car ride or aka the thrill of a lifetime

We were blessed this year to have a young man at the Pork in the Pines that some would say had a disability. Oh ya he had some problems but don’t we all? He was asked if he would like to have a ride in a side car of one of the Canadians. My God, his eyes lit up and he was ecstatic to have such an opportunity. The joy that Bruce brought to this young man can not be explained unless witnessed. I know I said I wouldn’t name names, well let me be the first to say that I lied. Bruce deserves the recognition for sharing this simple act of kindness with a young man that most likely will never forget that Bruce gave him the freedom that he so long ago surrendered to his disease. May God Bless them both and bring them both back next year to share the joy that we all felt seeing the joy and happiness on this young man’s face do to a simple act of kindness. Thank you Bruce and thank you young man, you are welcome anytime!

• door prizes

WOW door prizes were donated and awarded this year due to the generosity of a number of people that unfortunately I don’t know their names and I previous said I wouldn’t use name anyway.

Any way, thanks Bob, Jim & Diane and the others for their generosity.

• winners and losers

Some one made a great rule change during the door prize drawing which was something we should do from here on out. The rule was you can only win once for the prizes this way it spreads it out. We have the same names draw multiple times in the past where one person won the majority of the prizes, Done fair and square, and it was OK. But now more prizes and more people win plus you get to heckle the people drawn multiple times and throw their tickets in the fire to burn for eternity, OPPs I got carried away their for a moment

Note to self: buy some tickets so at least you have a chance to win dummy.

• paying it forward

The winner of the 50/50 drawing …….. wait for it………… stated: “Pay it forward” and he donated it back to carry on next Pork in the Pines, Labor Day 2013. Do you believe that? Most everybody else was envisioning the bling they were going to buy for their bike, me included.

Note to self: buy a ticket you cheap #$!@$ so at least you have a chance to win. No wonder I haven’t won the Power Ball lottery,. …. Ya gotta buy a ticket.

Thanks a hundred times to this generous benefactor!!!!!!

• cooks little helpers

Ya know it takes a lot of planning to pull an event off like this. Without the help of the volunteers and everyone else that just saw some thing that needed to be done and just did it, it just wouldn’t have happened like it did. So thanks to all who helped lift, tote, cleaned, chopped, snipped, cut, wiped and the other million jobs that needed to get done. To those that watched, this was your event too, jump in and make it the best it can be, we all appreciate your help.

Two people to single out that we couldn’t have done with out are Marilyn and Terry. Thank you ladies for all your hard work,

• Cook extraordinaire

Black Owl This wouldn’t even begin to happen with out all you generosity of time, talent and funding.

Few people know just how much you do to make this all come together.

Work fascinates me, I could stand and watch you all day. Seriously, Thanks Owl for all you contribute.

• Host and hostess

Gary & Anne Kloehn

Who allow 40 to 60 people to invade their home and property for 4 days every year on Labor Day. Thanks for all that you do, allow us to do, and for what you put up with from all your VenturRider brothers and sister. With out a place to have this event it may never happen.

Well that concludes my distorted view of the reality of the Pork in the Pines through my rose colored glasses.

I certainly hope that you all had fun, ate to your hearts content, and will return to the PIP and bring a friend or friends with you.

Finally to our Canadian friends (and I truly mean that) we will do our best to out number you next year.

Until then be safe, enjoy and God’s speed to you all.

Edited by Bubber

VERY WELL SAID!! ALL OF THE KITCHEN HELP WAS VERY WELL APPRESIATIATED.. AND THE PEOPLE WERE FANTASTIC.. BUBBER, DID YOU NOTICED THAT THIS IS THE ONLY TIME OF THE YEAR THAT THE OLD BIRD ACTUALLY WORKS?? USUALLY HE JUST GETS IN THE WAY WITH HIS SUPERVISION?? But he really is handy in the kitchen..:rotfl::thumbsup2::clap2:

Yeah, a good bike rally really does bring folks together, especially one associated with folks like we have here. I haven't been fortunate enough, yet, to make a Venture rally, but I've attended several from another forum I belong to. There's always a couple of memorable moments that really stand out, and it's usually a one-liner in the wee morning hours that you remember the most. The food always stands out in my mind, there's always something new to try for the first time. The 'nishiations can get pretty weird, but hey, it's all in good fun,,,, right!?! You always leave with new friends and new memories that last a lifetime. Just remember, there's always somebody with a cell phone or camera,,,,,,,,,,,,.:shock3:

Well, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. :whistling:

How accurate is that !!!!! :doh:

Well said Mr. Garrison Keillor.

Dang good thing I am both........ ya sure dream on! :rotf:

Making good friends

At the Pork in the Pines

Chasing that friggen rooster

At the Pork in the Pines

Telling Lies and acting smart

At the Pork in the Pines

Grandpagak

VERY WELL SAID!! ALL OF THE KITCHEN HELP WAS VERY WELL APPRECIATED.. AND THE PEOPLE WERE FANTASTIC.. BUBBER, DID YOU NOTICED THAT THIS IS THE ONLY TIME OF THE YEAR THAT THE OLD BIRD ACTUALLY WORKS?? USUALLY HE JUST GETS IN THE WAY WITH HIS SUPERVISION?? But he really is handy in the kitchen..

You will notice that I never mentioned the burnt dressing I thought it may be in bad form especially after all the other good food he didn't burn to a crisp.

Red1

What Al said. That was mostly accurate, Steve and mildly amusing

Red I wasn't shooting for accurate... just the facts mam just the facts. :yikes:

Well that concludes any rebuttal to my accurate and true account of the PIP. It serves to accurately point fingers at the guilty and the innocent oh ya and the occasional by-stander too. I hope I got everybody at least a little.

So what ever Black Owl post you will know that it is just all lies and fabrications. Unless it is nice things that he says about me , then you can go ahead and believe it. FAT CHANCE OF THAT! :rotf: