IGNORED

Which Scala headset link to Teamset?

I bought a Scala Rider Teamset Pro kit for my wife & me to use on trips. I love these & got them new for $130 which was GREAT.

Now my son got his MC license & I want to buy him a headset so that we can all communicate when riding together. So which Scala headset link to Teamset Pro Kit?

Scala has a many different ones

scala rider G9

scala rider G4

scala rider Q2

scala rider FM

scala rider SOLO

but the manuals don't say anything about linking to other units. Is the scala rider SOLO the same units as the teamset pro?

I figured I would share the email I received from Cardo regarding this issue. I'm sure this question will come up in the future again.

Andy,

Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center.

All scala rider products are their own unique products. A scala rider Solo is not ½ of a TeamSet PRO. A Solo is not an intercom product ans is only meant to connect to a cell phone or GPS for communications with that device. Similarly, a scala rider FM is only meant to do the same as the Solo, but adds a built in FM radio to the unit.

The TeamSet PRO is designed to only communicate between the two units that come with the system as a driver to passenger communications system, allong with use of a cell phone or GPS by one or both of the users. It will not communicate via intercom to a user on another motorcycle. The only way you could talk to someone on another motorcycle using your TeamSet on your motorcycle is to pair a cell phone to your headset and then to place a cell phone to cell phone call to the user on the other motorcycle and for them to have some way of safely using the cell phone on their motorcycle.

In order for the three of you to have a three way simultaneous communication between the two motorcycles, you would need to have each user using a scala rider G4 or scala rider G9.

A Q2 PRO will work from bike to bike, but it will not allow all three of you to talk to each other at the same time; only two out of the three of you could talk at the same time, and you would have to switch back and forth between which two are talking at any moment by pressing a button on the side of the unit, one or two times to switch.

If you would like to discuss this further, please call us between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM Eastern time, Monday through Friday and any one of us here will be happy to go over the options you have in more detail.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist with any other questions.

Best regards,

Garth Schafer

Customer Service Representative

I figured I would share the email I received from Cardo regarding this issue. I'm sure this question will come up in the future again.

Andy,

Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center.

All scala rider products are their own unique products. A scala rider Solo is not ½ of a TeamSet PRO. A Solo is not an intercom product ans is only meant to connect to a cell phone or GPS for communications with that device. Similarly, a scala rider FM is only meant to do the same as the Solo, but adds a built in FM radio to the unit.

The TeamSet PRO is designed to only communicate between the two units that come with the system as a driver to passenger communications system, allong with use of a cell phone or GPS by one or both of the users. It will not communicate via intercom to a user on another motorcycle. The only way you could talk to someone on another motorcycle using your TeamSet on your motorcycle is to pair a cell phone to your headset and then to place a cell phone to cell phone call to the user on the other motorcycle and for them to have some way of safely using the cell phone on their motorcycle.

In order for the three of you to have a three way simultaneous communication between the two motorcycles, you would need to have each user using a scala rider G4 or scala rider G9.

A Q2 PRO will work from bike to bike, but it will not allow all three of you to talk to each other at the same time; only two out of the three of you could talk at the same time, and you would have to switch back and forth between which two are talking at any moment by pressing a button on the side of the unit, one or two times to switch.

If you would like to discuss this further, please call us between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM Eastern time, Monday through Friday and any one of us here will be happy to go over the options you have in more detail.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist with any other questions.

Best regards,

Garth Schafer

Customer Service Representative

Wow, they certainly dont make that clear in their brochures, I think most of us were under the impression that most of the Scala headsets were able to be linked and used together. Even in the manual on my q2 pro set it doesnt say that it will only communicate with one person at a time, it makes it sound like you just add it and you can all share the conversation.

Brian

Wow, they certainly dont make that clear in their brochures, I think most of us were under the impression that most of the Scala headsets were able to be linked and used together. Even in the manual on my q2 pro set it doesnt say that it will only communicate with one person at a time, it makes it sound like you just add it and you can all share the conversation.

Brian

Yeah it's kind of vague. That's why I figured I'd post here. There are a lot of users that use the Scalas.

I did read somewhere that there is a new unit made by someone else that is suppose to make the scala feel like 2 tin cans & string. I have to find the thread.

Andy,

I got myself the "Scala Rider G4 Powerset" for Christmas.

It's the 2 set package. Thought I wanted to talk,,, nah.

Hell, I don't even turn on my radio, CB or even that cassette thing.

I wear half helmet and gave one set a 10 minute try in January.

I have an I-phone and in my brief try, decided I was not interested.

(With a half helmet, need to figure out how to put the speakers closer to the ears.

Anyhow, the set sits here and I will probably not use it.

I bought it at the Competition Accesories store in Rock Hill, SC.

List was like $400. I got them down to $300 + tax, so paid $321 out the door.

I can ship it to you for say $225.

If your research says this is what will work for you and my pirce is good, contact me at mikeginsc@bellsouth.net

I will probably put it in the classifieds soon, just wasn't motivated till I saw your post.

Mike G in SC

Mike

I appreciate the offer, & the price is EXCELLENT but since my son has just started to ride, picking up a new setup right now would be premature. I'm hoping that within a year he will have enough experience (and be able to handle something bigger than a 250cc) to be able to take road trips with the wife & me.

another downside is that the G4 units unfortunately are not compatible with my current TeamSet Pros that I currently have.

Thanks anyway

Andy

BTW I use a 1/2 helmet as well & I didn't use the ear flaps, I just stuck the speakers the the straps right by my ears. The wife is real easy to hear.