IGNORED

Gas tank pressuring up and spreading

Anyone here ever hear of a gas tank building so much pressure in it that it actually spread apart causing the front of the tank to spread out and pop off the front mounts?I parked my Venture and my son's Venture outside the shop yesterday temp outside was 90 degrees and my son's tank had swelled up and spread apart.There is about a two inch gap between the tank mount and where it bolts to the frame.The guy he bought it from told him if he is riding and it starts to run like crap to just push down on the gas cap and it will quit running bad and that worked he said he kept getting a strong gas smell and so he thought a relief valve was installed wrong so he took it off and turned it the other way.I am guessing that was a vent and him turning it around caused the pressure to not vent out.Does anyone know where that vent valve may be located and where a guy may find a good used tank?Thanks :confused24:

He found the problem.Behind one of the side covers and under the seat is a either filter or a check valve in the line which the previous owner had removed and put back on the wrong way which did not allow the tank to vent.Thanks