IGNORED

Cassette player

Tylytle

Anyone have a black face cassette player laying around? I want to do the "storage" mod. My face is broken and won't stay closed. Thanks!

Is the only problem you have that it won't stay shut? If so, carefully inspect the latch mechanism, so long as the plastic clamp is there give it a shot of compressed air and clean it real good. A little lubricant may help too. It seems like I end up having to deal with this every couple of weeks. I open and close my little door a lot AND I live in an extremely dusty environment. Clean it out real good and then it works like a charm... until it gets filled with dust again...

I know this isn't what you were asking for but I thought it may be helpful nonetheless.

Thanks for the info! Yes, it seems to not latch shut. So I put 3M mounting tape in the inside and closed it.. LOL. Then drilled a small hole for my 3.5 cable to go through. I'm gonna need a new one.. LOL I guess I should have asked sooner.

Thanks for the info! Yes, it seems to not latch shut. So I put 3M mounting tape in the inside and closed it.. LOL. Then drilled a small hole for my 3.5 cable to go through. I'm gonna need a new one.. LOL I guess I should have asked sooner.

HA. Well I suppose that is ONE way to keep it shut. I guess some of us 'older folk' actually still use the cassette so that isn't really an option for me...

I imagine someone will have one laying around... :080402gudl_prv:

• 3 weeks later...

I finally decided to remove the tape deck on my RSV. I am thinking of putting in a storage box. Does anyone have any information on completing this task? Is there a box from a car stereo replacement kit that can be used or do you have to fabricate one from scratch? and when the tape deck is removed can that port on the stereo be used for something else?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

If any body has Pictures of this crossover would be great to.

Actually, you can split the fairing and find the wire to the auxillary port that goes into the back of the cassette player, put a splitter in the line where it joins together, and run a separate wire out through the steering neck and along the handlebars to where ever you need to plug in whatever it is you're trying to play. Then you can just leave the player door closed all the time. By the way, with this tip, you just saved enough to pay for a year's subscription!! So go ahead and make it permanent. This bunch of idiots will save you a bundle.

Edited by Kirby