IGNORED

jet ski and sea foam

CaptainJoe

I've just encountered a possible problem with my 2005 Sea Doo RXP. It has only 59.6 hours on it.

I bought new back in 05 and have never had a problem with it. I run it almost completely out of gas and engine mist it every year before storing. Being busy this year didn't get a chance to ride but figured I'd better start it.

Added 1 can of sea foam to approx 1/2 gal of gas to clean fuel system and let run for 2 min.

Then added 2 gal of fresh gas... wouldn't start, so i depressed throttle and thats when I heard a loud bang??? sounded like an inner tube exploding

Smoke is coming out from under seat?

Took plastic topper off and dip stick removed spark plugs cleaned with wire brush and carb cleaner dryed out using map gas tourch, coated threads with antioxidant.

Before installing plugs placed my palm over holes and had compression.

Reinstalled plugs and it started up (i shut down after 10 seconds) as i was afraid

something was wrong with all the smoke coming from the engine compartment...

Can see no oil or coolant in hull of ski and the dipstick has clear oil on it?

Cant find the source of the smoke and don't want to run it like that...

Any thoughts would be appreciated... Thanks in advance, Joe

Thinking about tearing her apart and inspecting the Superchargers ceramic washers.

May also find the source of smoke when I do? Will also take front oil pump off and check impeller and screens for debris...

Until today, I never knew you should replace creamic swashers on the supercharger with metal ones... not having very good luck with engines...

I believe if you added that much sea foam with only 1/2 gallon of fuel, that could be the reason for all the smoke. I have a friend whom bought an old Yamaha 3 cylinder and he did that and said it smoked something offal for a few minutes. Then ran pretty good after that. He said rust blew out of the mufflers for a long time. This bike had been sitting for 15 yrs inside of a garage.

LOL

Yeah i figured it would smoke alot but i really wanted to unvarnish/clean out everything associated with the fuel delivery system

Intend to fill er up with 15 gals of 89 octane when i take her to the river...

My concern is with the smoke pouring out from under the seat??? after that loud bang ...

like i said before the creramic washers need to be replaced with steel ones. In fact everything i'm reading says to replace them before you even take out the first time as if they explode it could ruin your entire engine... Why in the heck did bomadier use in the first place???

And, the supercharger needs to be rebuilt every 100 hrs??? thats kinda high maintainence if you ask me...