I have noticed a small oil drop on the floor directly below a breather tube on the front of the motor. I have about 1500 miles on this oil change, oil level is ok in the sight glass. This has just happened the last 3 times I have ridden, not ever before. I have it in the garage on a clean floor and would have noticed it before.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pat

You say the oil level is OK , but did not say where the level is in relationship to the low or high level marks.

The most common cause of oil drips are from over filled crank case, if you are at or over the upper marker that is probably your problem, it is not uncommon to get an overfill on an oil change especially if the factory recommended amount of oil is put in , instead of checking the window get the proper amount. I normally stay just a little below the halfway point in the window. I only see drips if I have ben running hard (80+) on the interstate for prolonged periods or pulling my trailer at interstate speeds, I get a drop now and again after those types of rides.

The oil gets pulled up into the air boxes and then drips out the tubes, overfilled crakcases just lets more oil get pulled up easier.