IGNORED

A new twist to the four riders that were killed last year.

Snaggletooth

I just ran across this regarding the DUI driver that stuck and killed the four riders last summer from the Omaha and Glennwood, IA area.

I knew he pled guilty and got his 50 years for it. Fair enough.

But now Iowa has suspended the liquor license of the the store that sold him MORE beer even though the clerk had been warned about the driver being drunk by other motorists that had seen him on the road. He had even been seen hitting a bridge guardrail not far from the store. But they sold him another cold 40 anyway.

Ok, suspended.......for three weeks. Three whole weeks. Geesh.

Somehow that don't seem like enough to me.

MISSOURI VALLEY, Iowa -- Iowa has suspended the liquor license of a convenience store where authorities say a Nebraska man bought beer before a drunken crash that killed four motorcyclists in western Iowa last summer.

In a settlement with the Iowa Alcohol Beverages Division, Taylor Oil Company Inc. admits no wrongdoing or guilt. But it doesn't contest the complaint the company sold beer to a person who was intoxicated.

The 3-week suspension for the Taylor Quik-Pik store in Missouri Valley begins Thursday and runs until Aug. 18.

Andrew Schlichtemeier, of Murray, Neb., was sentenced to 50 years in prison for vehicular homicide. The men killed in the crash were returning from the annual motorcycle rally in Sturgis, S.D.

Previous Stories:

Read more: http://www.ketv.com/news/28684324/detail.html#ixzz1TLuNBvl5