IGNORED

battery sensor mod ?

Just did the mod, as suggested i picked up both 1k and 2.2 k resistors. the instructions say one or the other will be the right one...??? does that have to do with the batteries power or ?. any way i went with the 2.2, got it hooked up turned the key and no computer icons or red flashing light just the display back lit. the bike still fired up normal. i wiggled some fuses and tried again and it worked normal. wiggled again and the problem was back. would using the 1k resistor instead do anything for this or is it just complete coincidence?

This MOD did not work for me and I was told it could be a bad connection at CMS or bad wire leading to CMS. I have not gone any further into trying to repair it yet as I just want to ride and then work on bike this winter.

From reading lots of other posts about this topic it sounds like the 2.2K is the one to go with.

Bob

The 2.2K should be perfect. With the key ON, try wiggling the wires from the connection at the fuse panel, up to the original Johnson (bullet) connection and then where that wire goes into the harness looking to see that battery indicator blink on.

It goes from there directly to the CMS and to a TD62504P IC chip inside (there are two but the wire leads directly to a pin on one of them.). It could be a bad connector there as well.