IGNORED

Will these Risers Work?

I have a 97 Royal Star Tour Classic, My question is,.. will the risers from a RSTV work on my bike? It appears that they will pull the handle bars back a little.

Here is what I have on my bike:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-Tour-Touring-HANDLEBAR-RISERS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5f0741caQQitemZ130443329994QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here is what I am looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-XVZ1300-HANDLEBAR-RISERS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19be0722d6QQitemZ110562321110QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Also how do I remove the top half of the risers? It appears that the bolts have chrome caps on them? I have not dug into them yet, just trying to get my ducks in a row before I do.

The reason for the question is that I am going to install a fairing, and need a little bit more room in front of the risers.

Thanks!

Darrin

Hey Darrin,

The risers should work no problem. Also, the little chrome bolt hole covers pop out with a screw driver. Be careful though if you want to save them because they are plastic. I would suggest a small jewelers screw driver.

Hey Darrin,

The risers should work no problem. Also, the little chrome bolt hole covers pop out with a screw driver. Be careful though if you want to save them because they are plastic. I would suggest a small jewelers screw driver.

Great, Thanks! It is what I figured on the caps.

For the risers, Do they bring the handle bars back a little? It appears that they would according to the pic, but I didn't know if someone here has actually done this swap.

Thanks for your help,..

I agree the photo looks like they would bring the bars back a little. I believe they are the stock risers for a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. What kind of fairing are you interested in putting on your Royal? I had a 2000 Royal Star Tour Classic and put a Radio Caddy Fairing on it using the stock risers and everything fit fine.

Good luck with your Royal and BTW it's a nice looking ride! I wish I would have kept mine.

I agree the photo looks like they would bring the bars back a little. I believe they are the stock risers for a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. What kind of fairing are you interested in putting on your Royal? I had a 2000 Royal Star Tour Classic and put a Radio Caddy Fairing on it using the stock risers and everything fit fine.

Good luck with your Royal and BTW it's a nice looking ride! I wish I would have kept mine.

Thanks! I have reallly enjoyed the 200 miles that I was able to put on it before it got too cold here.

From the research tha I have done I was sure that I read someone here had the same issue and used these risers instead of the stock ones. I think I will pick a pair up and give it a try. It really isnt necessary, it will work with the stock risers but it will be the right way to do it if I can get another 1/4 to 1/2".

I got an Invicta Fairing off of E-bay. I took a risk getting one from them, and it was for a Road Star, not a Royal Star, and they dont have the best feedback but I got it, it was a great deal!, it will work great and look pretty sweet as well. Once I get the project started I will start a thread on it with pics.

I will also need some ideas for audio, and gauges so Ill be picking the collective brain on that when the time comes.

Thanks again,

Darrin