First off, it seems very strange to be into the 2nd gen tech section!!

Any way, I am loking for a good deal on a light bar. Where should I look?? What kind of lights option do I have?? Where should I tie the power from??

Questions, questions...

from a previous post of mine:

I don't like Silverstars... I have installed Piaa Xtreme White Plus H4 bulb in the headlamp for my bike. In the passing lamps I will install a Piaa Xtreme White Plus bulb of appropriate size.

Yamaha offers 3 options for passing lamps for the RSV and RSTD.

REMBER that our passing lamps are PAR36 sized lamps or sealed beam bulbs.

I got all this information from the Star Motorcycles web site....

See the part that is high-lit in red blelow, but remember you will have to rewire your sealed beam passing lamps for the H3 Bulb

1. Sealed Beam Passing Lamps

Fits all V Stars, all Road Star Standard/Silverado and Royal Star Standard/Tour Classic/Tour Deluxe (with use of mounts) STR-4NK35-10-00 $118.95

Sealed Beam replacement light bulb STR-4NK35-50-00 $18.95

2. Halogen Passing Lamps
    Fits all V Stars, all Road Star Standard/Silverado and Royal Star Standard/Tour Classic/Tour Deluxe (with use of mounts) STR-4NK35-10-01 $118.95

Halogen replacement light bulb STR-4NK35-50-01 $18.95

Replacement Lens (H3) STR-4NK35-17-01 $22.95

3. Custom Tri-Bar Passing Lamps:

Royal Star application: designed to coordinate with the Tri-Bar Headlight. Passing lamp mounts required for installation (STR-4NK35-40-01) sold separately.

Fits all V Star models, Road Star Standard & Silverado and all Royal Star models (except Venture) STR-4WM35-10-EA $129.95

Replacement Glass Housing STR-4WM35-50-EA $32.95

Harley Davidson offers at least two Par36 sized lamps that should fit in the Yamaha chrome housings but you might have to do some wiring modifications.

1. 68208-98A about $70 for the pair. I think these take a h3 bulb.

2. 68348-05 about $70 for the pair. I think takes a 881 bulb but I will put a Piaa Xtreme White Plus 880 (27 watts so not a big load on the charging system but quite a bit of light) in it..... IF I purchase a set. But I don't know if the Yamaha passing lamp housings are deep enough to accept them...

I hear tell that there is a PAR36 size lamp that takes an H4 bulb, but I have not found it without a chrome housing... yet. Also I don't think the electrical system could handle 3 high beam very well, and it is against the law in most states to have more than two headlamps on a motorcycle........

Edited by KiteSquid