IGNORED

Xvz1300 carbs on xvz1200?

Hi There,

hope you kind folk's can help me again, I need to replace the carbs on my 1985 XVZ1200. Here in the UK they are just few and far between but I have located a set of XVZ1300 carbs of an 1989 venture royale.

Million dollar question is there any reason why they would not fit and work, I know there is 1mm difference but would this work? not sure if the royale version has a compatible set up?

Many thanks for you help.

Scott

That difference in venturi diameter will be noticeable, especially at low rpm. You will get less torque because the 1200 isn't pulling as many cfm through the carbs as the 1300 would.

Do what you have to do. If 1300 carbs are all you can get, then larger jets may solve the problem. The biggest problem I see is what jet size would make it work to your satisfaction.

You might find someone on Ebay who will ship 1200 carbs to the UK.

Just curious, why do you need to replace the carbs entirely?

:080402gudl_prv:

If you only need one carb I can send you one for free if it can be done in such a way that you pay shipping, I should have a few sets laying round here still , let me know if that's what you want to do. Carbs that old on ebay can sit on a shelf here for a long time and may cost you quite a bit to bring them back in to service, just something to keep in mind.