IGNORED

Left side fairing "glove box"

07 wing w/air bag has a "glove box" on the left side for small items. Well I got my phone charrger in there the gate keys and what not. I also put my ID in there so it is easy to get to when getting on Base every day. Well lately the lid has been sticking. anyone have this trouble and how did you fix it?:7_6_3[1]:

The glove box is held in by (4) push pin connector pins (which are called plastic rivets).

Take a small pointed object (ink pen works well), and push in on the center part of the pin, This unlocks it.

Do this to all four of the push pins.

Remove all (4) push pins from the glove box before you lift it out of the fairing so that you do not drop or loose them (ask me how I know...).

Once you complete the above instructions, the glove box will lift right out (lift straight up).

Now, on the "right hand side" of the glove box you will see two white plastic clips.

These two white clips are the locking mechanism.

Spray the two white clips with a lubricant..(Do not use WD-40).. but use a silicone spray lube or a very light grease..

By using your fingers, you can work the white clips back and forth thus locking and unlocking them. Make sure they work freely.

Replace the glove box in the fairing in it's proper orientation (door to left side).

Now, on the (4) push pins that you removed. You will need to "pull up" on the center part to unlock the push pins so that the "BASE" of the push pin will easily go back into the hole it came out of. The center part must be "raised above" the base for installation.

Once you get the push pin center up above the base, you can insert the push pin base through the hole in the glove box "AND" the hole in the fairing. Once you acchomplish this, you then push in on the center part to where it is "FLUSH" with the top of the base part and this locks the push pins back in place.

Any questions, give me a call. Phone number is in my profile my friend.

Eck

Edited by Eck

A very well spent ten minutes thanks Eck once again. For anyone reading this you must also remove the trim piece that runs down from the mirror to your knee it just pops off starting from the bottom.

Once I got it out I took the screws out that hold the pawls in place being careful not to loose the spring. I then gave the posts a good coat of bees wax along with the places where the to pawls run against each other. then a little on the screw head that does the unlatching. Reassembled and DONE. Works slicker than a gut now. I took a couple a pics to better tell my tale. Note the creative source for the bees wax. Source was previously unused and not harmed in any way so it can some day be used for its intended purpose. LOL:7_6_3[1]:

Edited by Herb In Texas