IGNORED

Read all of the bikes you have owned

Rattlesnake

I read the whole list both the old one and the new one and in all of those bikes I only saw 1 person who had a 1982 Honda cb 900 custom.why did no one like this 10 speed bike ???.I love mine but it needs all the calipers rebuilt and I dont know how and dont have the tools to di it so it just sits with just 14,000 miles on it.

snake

Guest KitCarson

They made a 10 speed motorcycle? Sure be a lot of shifting, I am too lazy for that !! Hey if you have never worked on brakes.....no time like the present to learn, they are not working now right? Then what can you hurt? Jump in and learn. First go to get a service manual that explains how to bleed the brakes, can be any ole service manual, bleeding brakes is the same on any bike....and be careful with the little bleed valve, tiny wrench pressure, I usually loosen it and from that point on just tighten and release it with my fingers while bleeding brakes.....and when done, tighten it gently.

Then go to a dealer and order the new pads and O ring seals for the calipers, and any little parts you think you might need(not expensive) then go buy a proper socket set, a few other tools(not expensive) and jump in and do it. Check the rotors and maybe on this one the rear drum brake??? Does it have one of those? Make sure the rotors are smooth and not warped.....it is not hard, pretty easy really, do not be afraid of it........if it is already broken, all you can do is break it more:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:then if you have to take it to a high priced stealer. Kit

They made a 10 speed motorcycle? Sure be a lot of shifting, I am too lazy for that !! Hey if you have never worked on brakes.....no time like the present to learn, they are not working now right? Then what can you hurt? Jump in and learn. First go to get a service manual that explains how to bleed the brakes, can be any ole service manual, bleeding brakes is the same on any bike....and be careful with the little bleed valve, tiny wrench pressure, I usually loosen it and from that point on just tighten and release it with my fingers while bleeding brakes.....and when done, tighten it gently.

Then go to a dealer and order the new pads and O ring seals for the calipers, and any little parts you think you might need(not expensive) then go buy a proper socket set, a few other tools(not expensive) and jump in and do it. Check the rotors and maybe on this one the rear drum brake??? Does it have one of those? Make sure the rotors are smooth and not warped.....it is not hard, pretty easy really, do not be afraid of it........if it is already broken, all you can do is break it more:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:then if you have to take it to a high priced stealer. Kit

OR--------. you could bring it over here, and i'll be glad to rebuild them for you!!!!

you know only one of us has any "wrench sense".

mamma said so!

lol

just jt

Don't know if it was me you saw, but I had one. Loved it for the most part for it's versatility. It was a bit heavy for serious sporting though. The two range transmission was a bit of a novelty but came in handy a few times. I actually look at them from time to time on craigslist and e-Bay. If I found a clean one for short money I'd consider going for it again. I always thought it was one of the prettiest bikes - especially imports - that I ever saw.

A cousin of mine had one of those many years ago. It was a gorgeous maroon color, and it was huge compared to the Honda Twinstar 200 I was riding at the time. He was selling it and I wanted it, but I couldn't make it happen then. I was looking at them before I came across my current Royal Star. I could see a two range tranny or a two speed rear gear coming in real handy. Instantly go from tire shredder to laid back highway cruiser with all five gears in either range.