IGNORED

Victory Vision - First Impressions

Guindalf

I was at my stealer getting a new tire and they were uncrating and new Victory Vision and "getting it hot" for the showroom.

We watched as they bolted this thing together and my first thought was "this looks odd". It has some nice features, but it really looks different - enough to buy, I'm not so sure.

the 106CI motor looks good, but I just can't get past the fact that it's a motorcycle built by a watercraft company - and from what I hear, not a reliable one at that!

The huge-looking saddlebags are actually pretty small as most of their bulk is appearance and not space and the gauges are a mile from the rider, making the bike feel huge from the driver's seat. There are dials and a nice LCD panel on the dash to control the built in radio and MP3 hookup in a bin on the tank.

The model I saw did not have the extra chrome or a trunk and, I think, retails starting at around $19.5k - a lot of money to risk on something that may get laughs everywhere you go! If it had the Yamaha/Honda/HD or some other comparatively respected manufacturer's name on the side, it may be worth a chance, but Victory, not for me, I don't think.

I sat on one of these in Myrtle Beach this spring and saw one saturday at thunder beach, Panama City, Fl. It is probably a very comfortable ride but I wouldn't buy one because I don't like the way it looks As far as dependability I don't think there is a better bike than the victory. A friend of mine that lives in Dawsonville, Ga, not far from you is on his second victory. I don't believe any bike would hold up to the hard riding he did on his first victory. He was hit by a car and totaled it. He says he has hurt the feelings of many harley riders by blowing them off the road. I rode with him last weekend and he said he had his bike up to 135 mph and still had throttle. It holds six quarts of oil and has an oil cooler to keep the operating temperature down. He had a harley a few years ago and it wasn't reliable. He said he stopped where a group of harley riders with an attitude were and one of them said he was a harley wannabe. He said no, I am a harley has been and there are only two bikes mentioned in the bible. Victory and Triumph. What can I say.

Have not seen one in the flesh, just rags. It's probably gonna be reliable, Victory has done its homework on bikes. But you still have to look at that thing when you walk up to it to get on, I think I'd puke if I had to see it everyday. Just my opinion.:witch_brew:

Oh Boy . Taste is split on new Victory Vision, Guys are hate or love that bike. Victory is throw big buck for new bike, and they did good job. Designers and engineers are hired from Europe. Lead BMW,and Aprilia guys have done job on new Vision. Classic Look and future design are a key for new Victory. All Lead motorcycle Magazines are giving really good reviews after test ride. I don't think so they gonna write any BS if is not truth.

Guest tone100

A group of them passed me a couple of weeks ago during their demos days. I thought one was ugly until I saw several of them together. Thats is just one ugly bike.

Guest Red Raider

Tone,

If they passed you a couple of weeks ago and it was a Sunday afternoon, it was a riding buddy of mine. He thought it was a very nice handling ride, comparing it to an Ultra-classic or the Goldwing.

I can get passed the looks somewhat. My problem is they build the "bike of the future" with the drivetrain of the past. They should have colaborated with Triumph and put that damn 2.3 triple in the Vision. Now that's a touring bike...

Greg