IGNORED

Tail lamp mod?

The one part of my Venture that I have always disliked is the look of the taillamp. To me it looks like a holdover from a '70's bike... kinda like the cassette! LoL

I also have an '06 Road Star. The factory lamp on the Road Star is an LED with a clear look. Nothing red until you hit the brake.

My question... has anyone ever attempted to fit a Road Star lamp to the Venture?

The V Star 1100 classic taillight has the exact same Yamaha part number as the RSV taillight. There are a number of custom taillights made for the V Star 1100 that should bolt right on the Venture, even if the application listing doesn't show it.

Although your later Roadstar has a different looking taillight, the earlier ones have one that looks similar, but I don't know if it's exactly the same thing or not.

There are also clear lenses available for the stock Venture taillight.

My question... has anyone ever attempted to fit a Road Star lamp to the Venture?
No but I have a light gray tinted tail light lens (they also have clear) with an LED tail light similar to this one (older 128 LED version). Tail light lens red clashes with Black Cherry. I also have LED inserts for my turn signals, of course with clear lenses. It all looks clear until the lights come on and the LEDs are very bright.