IGNORED

Headlight bezel from '96-'01 fit '05-up RSTD?

I've reviewed the parts diagrams here http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx and found the '96-'01 headlight bucket to be different than the '05-up.... I don't know what it is with the Asian cruiser designers... like the big Kaw Vulcan 2000 and Yam Stratolounger with their Sci-Fi headlights... just look out of place on retro styled cruisers... JMHO

Guest Yamahawg

I have been told there is a bike junkyard about 30 - 40 mins from me. I dont know exactly where it is located but am going looking for it in the near future. If I find it, I will ask them about the headlight bezels and get back to ya if they have a solution. Sometimes Junk Yard guys are pretty darn knowledgable.

Guest Yamahawg

I went up to the salvage place today and took a look. So far it looks like our only option is to get a complete used headlight assembly and swap it out. I came back home and took a look thru quite a few different years of parts diagrams. Several of the headlights are the same size but I havent found one yet that the 'headlight rim' attaching screw is on the same side as ours. If I come up with a good match I will let ya know.

Dale