IGNORED

Touring Magazine?

spyderhead

Just subscribed to Roadrunner Magazine (the discount was great!). Does anyone know of any other motorcycle magazine that caters to touring? Off and on over the years, I have subscribed to various motorcycle mags, but I just no longer have any interest in "this month's crotch rocket showdown" type of articles. Thanks.

I subscribed to Road Runner a couple of weeks ago. I don't know of any other mags that deal with actual riding. I subscribe to Motorcycle Consumer News, but any more they're mostly about bikes I don't care about. Right now I'm sticking around for the health and safety articles, and the fact that I've subscribed to them almost forever.

BTW, Road Runner'll be publishing an article about riding US 40 before long. My wife works as breakfast lady at a Holiday Inn Express and two of the Road Runner guys stayed there. They chatted, which is how I learned about the US 40 thing. He sent me his card. I sent him info about some roads in southern Indiana. Maybe IN 135 will get a writeup someday. I'm sure the 58 Cafe would like to see themselves in print. :)

I like the "Favorite Rides" and the "Stayin' Safe" section of Rider. But they don't cater specifically to touring. They do have occassional ride tests (not RSV of course). I am also looking for something that would be more touring-centric. But, overall, I like rider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethroish viewpost.gif

There is a mag out there called Baggers. I just happened to see it on the shelf at a book store.

It is dedicated to V-twins with bags.

there is also American Baggers for Harleys with bags.

07 RSV Blue/black

03 KTM 250SX Orange

You can call me Al.

Ok I'll call you Al... Al you're wrong about Baggers they are not restricted to V-Twins and they even had a RSV rider and his lovely bride on a TD pictured in their Bike Week coverage... I forget if they were VRs or Venturers. You're right about American Bagger tho... I saw a RSV owner wrote them a letter asking about inclusion and they blew him off.

The thing about Roadrunner is it's all touring with sport tourers, sportbikes, and scooters... They very rarely have tourers or cruisers doing the touring or cruising... I think they should change the name it's false avertising