IGNORED

Maple Grove Speedway

Adams99

I went to the Maple Grove Speedway NHRA nationals on Saturday and it was awesome. First time for me and I'm glad that I brought ear plugs. I cannot get over how fast and loud they are. Television just does not give it any justice. 300MPH in the 1/8 mile in under 4 seconds, that's fast. It is unbelievable as to how much money sponsors pay for these guys. John Force (Castrol) was there (what a blow hard) and he had five (5) tractor trailers there, two of which looked like living quarters, one for selling apparel, and the other three were for his cars. I realize what all he has done for the drag racing scene and he is one of the best, but when he opens that big trap of his, it just goes right through me. His daughter was racing too and she really good too; in fact she was ahead of him when qualifying. I would have liked to have gone up on Sunday for the finals, but was unable to.

Anyway, I saw a 2000 millennium in the free parking area. Was that anyone here?

Wasnt there this weekend, but I only live a few miles from the track, it is pretty impressive watching some of those cars, and the bikes as well, it was a beautiful weekend they should have been turning some good times. Craig