IGNORED

Help with helmet parts

Iowa Guy

I've got a nolan N41 classic plus helmet that needs a new face shield, hinge screw bolt and plastic slide cover over one of the hinges. Where is the best place to get parts for the nolan? I don't know that I am really fond of the helmet but its the one that has the headset I wear to talk with my wife when she goes along so I gotta keep it up in good repair.

Iowa Guy

I've got a nolan N41 classic plus helmet that needs a new face shield, hinge screw bolt and plastic slide cover over one of the hinges. Where is the best place to get parts for the nolan? I don't know that I am really fond of the helmet but its the one that has the headset I wear to talk with my wife when she goes along so I gotta keep it up in good repair.

Iowa Guy

I doubt you will find a dealer that carries parts for any helmet other than a face sheild and even then it isn't easy. I think your best bet is to go to http://www.genuineaccessories.com/NolanHelmets/nolan_all.html You can always call them or email them about the parts you are looking for.

Edited by StarRider07

I doubt you will find a dealer that carries parts for any helmet other than a face sheild and even then it isn't easy. I think your best bet is to go to http://www.genuineaccessories.com/NolanHelmets/nolan_all.html You can always call them or email them about the parts you are looking for.

Thanks very much. I ordered the parts and we will be a happy couple.

Iowa Guy

I've lost one of the little covers of the side of my N41 also. I'm not sure which part to order though. The part that is missing on mine is the little rectangular cover on the side that covers the screw. It's a clear piece maybe an inch wide and 1 1/2" long? I don't know if that would be the replacement pivot kit or the replacement faceshield cover kit. I wish they showed some pictures.

Thanks Greg for trying to help. I ordered the parts but almost a week later they emailed me that the parts were not available. I tryed another place that refered me to CIMA International. http://local.yahoo.com/info-17229794-cima-international-glendale-heights

They don't have a website that you can order from but when I called they were great at helping me figure out what parts I needed, if they had them in the warehouse and are sending them out right away. So far, I am impressed.

The rep also stated that the reason that Nolan N41 parts are hard to find is that the helmets are older and any helmet should not be used past 5 years of their manufacture date. That was news to me. He said that there are naturally occuring changes in the materials over time so that the older helmets do not provide the protection they did when they were new regardless of whether they just sat on the shelf or was some sweaty biker's dailey commute helmet. (Okay, maybe he didn't say it just like that)

The hard parts get soft and the soft parts get hard. Say, that reminds me of.... Anyway, bottom line is that helmets have a limited shelf life.

Iowa Guy

:7_6_3[1]:

Thanks Greg for trying to help. I ordered the parts but almost a week later they emailed me that the parts were not available. I tryed another place that refered me to CIMA International. http://local.yahoo.com/info-17229794-cima-international-glendale-heights

They don't have a website that you can order from but when I called they were great at helping me figure out what parts I needed, if they had them in the warehouse and are sending them out right away. So far, I am impressed.

The rep also stated that the reason that Nolan N41 parts are hard to find is that the helmets are older and any helmet should not be used past 5 years of their manufacture date. That was news to me. He said that there are naturally occuring changes in the materials over time so that the older helmets do not provide the protection they did when they were new regardless of whether they just sat on the shelf or was some sweaty biker's dailey commute helmet. (Okay, maybe he didn't say it just like that)

The hard parts get soft and the soft parts get hard. Say, that reminds me of.... Anyway, bottom line is that helmets have a limited shelf life.

Iowa Guy

:7_6_3[1]:

Glad I could help. It's about time I contributed something. :banana:

Iowa Guy,

I had the same problem. Placed the order and then about a week later got the email telling me that they didn't have the parts. I only need the small square covers that cover the screw on the side covers. Let me know if you get the parts this time.

Don