IGNORED

EBC Brake Pads

While changing out the tires on the bike, noticed the rear pads are shot. They were EBC's? Only had 5200 miles on them. Last set I used were Streetexcel and got 10k outta them? Is this typical? I do belives in throttle control with rear braking, but half the mileage? :confused24:

I just ordered OEM disc from Mama Yama expecting to change mine, front and rear. When I pulled the calipers off the old ones looked new, hardly any wear. My bike has 38K miles but I bought it used. I not sure if the previous owner changed them before me. I've put close to 7K on them myself. I use a lot of front break and some rear. 5200 miles does not seam like a lot to me. If it were me I would try a different brand.:2cents:

I just changed out my tires ...to Avons...and whilst the wheels were off I was expecting to have to do the front brakes. I did rotate the back pads 'cause of the uneven wear....but my fronts are still good, 40,000 mile on them. Now the caveat is I ride fairly aggressive one up, with the wife on , not so much. I like to think I'm using the brakes when I stop, but I'm beginning to wonder.

I got some uneven wear on the rear pads and discovered that the pistons on the outside of the caliper were sticking. It was not letting the pad float back and was draging on the rotor.

The rotor should not be hot after a few miles of freeway.

Something to keep an eye on.