IGNORED

Future rsv engine????

Guest 1154

Guest 1154

I was just reading the summer issue of Yamahas 'Horizons' newsletter.. Page 8 has an article and pics on the new 2009 V MAX.

Its motor is an all new 1679cc V 4. Chip controlled intake system. a new fuel injection system and fly-by-wire throttle system. Also a new aluminum frame and swingarm.

Now what are the chances that this MAY be the basis for a new RSV.

Does that then mean the dreaded gear whine could be goneand at least a 15% increase in horsepower to match BMW?

For my wish list......

A real speedo and tach with volt meter, oil and coolant pressure gauges.Even a gear indicator.

The electric adjustable windshield from the FJR.....Am I getting ahead of myself here?

A taller trunk so a full face can really fit.

Better back light...s.

How about a full fairing for better weather protection.

Paneling over the engine so not to hear any noise except the exhaust.

Not forgetting the 5yr unlimited mileage warranty. With the additional Roadside Assistance that us up North don't get but would like..

Its nice to dream.........:080402gudl_prv:

Don't really want anything but more power captain! I guess it's allways different strokes for different folks but everything on your list comes with a price. $$$$. ,,wich is one reason why I bought the rsv instead of any other tourer. I like the retro dash too and while I'm at it,I like being able to see my motor when I look at my bike.(unlike the wing and the LT 1200). Not plastic. Also,,I Can fit TWO full face HJC helmets in my trunk! (07 RSMV). Like I said, different strokes for different folks. More choices in aftermarket parts would be nice, and a CD player instead of a antique cassette player that no one uses. My 2 cents.

You know.... Not to harp on this, but I am not at all sure I want too see a much bigger engine on this bike.... And I deffinitely wouldn't want to see 200hp, and particularly not with BMW characteristics. Waaay too buzzy for me ! I came to tourers from the world of heavy cruisers.... Maybe if I had been on rice-rockets before I would be interested in something buzzy, hard revving and asphalt burning. But as it is, I'll stick to large - comfortable - powerfull - but not to excess. Something I can ride for hours and not have my fingers numb from vibration (BMW) or my brains numb from the noise. Sorry, must be getting old.......

Guest 1154
Sounds like you need a Wing ! :rotf:Particularly when you want more plastic cover ! Seas of plastic & no sound ? :confused24: Add 2 wheels and you've got a Civic ! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Good one!!

Had a 1200 Aspencade back in '85.Was an old mans bike, too me anyway.

I had an 83 1st Gen before it.guess I liked the side covers. Do like to just hear the exhaust though.

Got the 4 wheels but its a Toyota Corrolla. Dont like Civic....

Rumors float around all the time about upcoming model changes. Heard for years Honda was going to do something different w/ the VTX. Well they called it a tourer by adding a windshield, saddlebags and sissybar. Pretty disappointed.

Latest thing I have heard is for 2009 or 2010, the VMAX engine will be in the RSV. I can't imagine they keeping the same characteristics w/ the HP. I can see them dumming it down. I talked to another rider that said right now you can take the cams out of a vmax and put it in our ventures.

Don't really want anything but more power captain! I guess it's allways different strokes for different folks but everything on your list comes with a price. $$$$. ,,wich is one reason why I bought the rsv instead of any other tourer. I like the retro dash too and while I'm at it,I like being able to see my motor when I look at my bike.(unlike the wing and the LT 1200). Not plastic. Also,,I Can fit TWO full face HJC helmets in my trunk! (07 RSMV). Like I said, different strokes for different folks. More choices in aftermarket parts would be nice, and a CD player instead of a antique cassette player that no one uses. My 2 cents.

My RSTD "UltraStar" will carry way more than Y'alls Ventures...but it did cost me to mount that Harley Tour Pak..:stirthepot: