IGNORED

Cass. Deck

Hey, All.

Mr. Holloween back again,:witch_brew: Man its been like forever since I've been on here.Hope all are doing good.an enjoying the rides.Still got the 84 ven.an still lov'en it.But I'd like to patch in one of those MP3's.Problem is my cass. deck does not wock so I can't use one of those tape converters.Has anybody dove into the big white cable of wires that comes out of the deck ?Maybe I can splice into it ,instead of the cass. deck ??:confused24:! Any ideas welcomed .The sound part works but does not move the tape.You put a tape in and it just makes a clicking noise like the gears are not messing all the way.It played real good but then it started that jumping back ,to side to side.So I thought I'd help it out ! Now it don't do nothing:doh:HUMMMMM.

Does anybody have one for sale ???

Again ,hope all are having a safe summer.

Dave& Theresa

Where a dirty bike means a happy rider.

i would pick up and fm converter for about 30-50 bux and hook it to your mp3 player and listen to your mp3's thru your radio. Most fm transmitters will let you select your frquency and then just dial your bikes radio to that "station".

Anyone around you will be able to tune in to your lil fm station but theyll hafta know your frequency, but who cares if they wanna listen or not. You can put everything in your trunk so its an invisible install for you.

I used this on my sirius radio in my truck for quite a while and it worked well, not quite as clear as straight cd or mp3 but on a bike you cant tell anyway....

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Doesn't your cassette deck have an aux. input next to it? all you have todo is plug into that. If not, then actually those tape converters don't move tape so just cause your deck motor is bad doesn't mean it won't work, they are under 10 bucks - not much to try. Finally, if all else doesn't work for you, take the cassette player out and throw it away ! use the aux jack behind it to play your MP3's and store your player in the hole where the cassette player used to be ! So what's the problem?:hihi:

Thanks Mike,Still not sure how to do this. I tap into

The wire or plug coming from the MP3 player has 3 wires- one is audio left and one is audio right an the 3rd one goes where ?Or can you show or tell me how to wire this up.

Thanks so much for the help.

The 1st. gen. did not come with an aux as the 2nd gen. did, Like some people think,wish it did.LOL

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Greetings...

If you just pull the tape deck out of a 1st Gen - results in NO audio - - because pulling the deck results in an open across pins 7 and 1 on the white cable which tells the Amp/controller/tuner box to listen for audio on the now missing tape deck...

There is no Aux on the standard 1st Gen audio equipment.

It's fairly simple to make an adapter that fits the white cable from the dead tape deck to the amp/controller/tuner if you are handy with a soldering iron and have an electronics parts supply house nearby...

About the only parts you would need to purchase - assuming that you are willing to tear apart and recylce parts from the dead tape deck to make a simple single Aux input - are:

Some wire, a switch, some solder, and a stereo plug for your mp3 player. I'd use a mounted female stereo plug - that way you can plug in just about anything you want..

The switch - position 1 - closes pins 7 and 1 and opens the aux audio - so you can hear the radio.

Position 2 - opens pins 7 and 1 and closes the aux audio - so you can hear your mp3 player.

Important is isolating (opening and closing) the seperate audio input - otherwise you WILL suffer from the degredation in sound from the radio - I believe the audio lines on the white cable from the amp/controller/tuner are normally live and that Yamaha isolated that line in the Tape deck itself - not in the amp. So you need to take care of that yourself...

And you can make it as complicated as you want -

You could use a multiple pole rotating switch - and have as many Aux inputs as you wanted - wired in as many combinations of audio inputs as you wanted...

See The diagram listed in the thread above -

Edited by Kandaje