IGNORED

Attn FL riders...or aint this a kick in da pants!!

1BigDog

i just drove by the M/C testing place today and a 1st , the place is open on sunday! there was at least 20 riders taking there test . today is the last time the state will give a m/c test tomorrow all new m/c rides will have to take a MSF course .

Thom

My dealer knew about this months ago, the law was passed early in 2008. This law was slipped in under the table without any dealers knowing about it and when they found out it was to late to change it. The bottom line down here is you can not buy a bike from a dealer no matter who you are without a M/C indorsement. Every year in Florida a bunch of new laws are passed and nobody no's about them til Jul 1st when they go in effect..:97:

I just took a safety course and I had first got my license 31 years ago. I didn't take the basic course but took an advanced course, it lowered my insurance, my main reason was I hadn't driven a bike for over 10 years and wanted a refreasher. I did get something out of the course even though I have had many years of riding before. So much I am paying for my step son in Florida to take the advanced course, hopeing he gets something out of it, mainly safety! I think it is a GREAT idea to take a safety course but NOT TO MAKE IT MANDITORY or as a LAW. Freedom of choice.

Those in Florida should find out who voted for that and write to them and let them know how upset you are and NOT vote for them next time they are up for election.

Part of what they are trying to do here in Florida is to stop all the over the top squids from buying and riding bikes.. And I think that is a good Idea but the fact that they do not require any insurance on a bike here until you have had an accident and cannot pay damages is one of the reasons they have so many squids. If they just required insurance like on a car there would be less problems.

As it is now all the import tuner squids with tons of tickets that cannot afford insurance just buy bikes to avoid insurance. And of course most don't have endorsements. I actually think the law to stop dealers from selling bikes to individuals without an endorsement is a decent idea. Forces dealers to actually pay attention.