IGNORED

High speed buzz

Guest Nightrider1300

Guest Nightrider1300

I am new to the Venture have only put a few hundred miles on it, I have a vibration that starts about 65 mph and gets worse up to 75 that makes the bike almost buzz like they did 30 years ago is this normal? Mine is a 2006 w/5000 miles on it and the vibe goes away if I pull in the clutch and let it coast so it must be engine or drive train related. I also just switched to straight synthetic oil abut 300 miles ago, this really quieted it down but now I have noticed this vibe beginning and it seems to be rpm related. Any ideas?

Mine was sort of doing that also before I finally got it running right again. Just curious, have you opened her up to see what the top speed is? I found that I could only get 90MPH out of mine when it was doing that. You may have a bad coil. Another thing could be a simple carb sync but it would have to be out pretty bad to cause that kind of vibration. I have seen them that bad though.

Do you know if you have the factory grips and bar ends?

I bought my bike used and it had aftermarket grips on it and the handlebars buzzed and killed my wrists. I bought a set of grips on ebay with the weighted bar ends and the buzz is gone.

Guest Nightrider1300

It almost does seem like a miss it also started backfiring during shifts and when slowing down, but it idles smooth and accelerates smoothly. I do have the stock grips and bar ends.

I would suggest that you check:

Spark Plugs

Carb Sync

Make sure carbs are seated correctly not only at the bottom but also at the top in the rubber boots from the air box.

Harder to check but also possible causes are:

A bad coil

Possibly the carb float levels. One may be too high.